If you hadn't guessed she's my mother in law. Just the other evening while we were at Sunday dinner with my in laws, my daughter Georgia asked why I call my mother in law, "mom?" I told her it was because sometimes a mother in law makes her daughter in laws feel so special and loved that the daughter in laws feel they can call her "mom."
And that's exactly what she is to me; another mom. Look at these fantastic vintage pictures. She really doesn't look much different, it's amazing. :) Let's have a look at Lesly Klippel and the wonderful woman that she is.
She was born in Palo Alto, California. She had four sisters, she was the oldest and that made five girls altogether. Fast forward a tad and she met her husband Ken Klippel at their high school, Balboa High, in San Francisco. And they were married pretty much out of high school.
She was born in Palo Alto, California. She had four sisters, she was the oldest and that made five girls altogether. Fast forward a tad and she met her husband Ken Klippel at their high school, Balboa High, in San Francisco. And they were married pretty much out of high school.
She had children quickly. I can relate to that. :)
-The Early Years-
Her two oldest children, Kevin and Karen.
-The Early Years-
Her two oldest children, Kevin and Karen.
Below...our family of seven.
But, they didn't stop at six. They went on to have nine! I remember when I first met Kirk and learned that he was the last of nine. I had never met anyone with that many kids. After we had our first two children I thought, "we would have to have seven more kids to have nine like my mother in law!" I could hardly fathom the thought. Well, we ended up having seven and now I think, "only two more kids to make nine?" That's nothing. :)
But, they didn't stop at six. They went on to have nine! I remember when I first met Kirk and learned that he was the last of nine. I had never met anyone with that many kids. After we had our first two children I thought, "we would have to have seven more kids to have nine like my mother in law!" I could hardly fathom the thought. Well, we ended up having seven and now I think, "only two more kids to make nine?" That's nothing. :)
Their oldest three...

Our oldest four.

All nine of their children.

-The Later Years-
Her last three children...Kerri, Kraig and Kirk. My husband, Kirk is sitting right next to his mom in this picture.

Our oldest four.
All nine of their children.

-The Later Years-
Her last three children...Kerri, Kraig and Kirk. My husband, Kirk is sitting right next to his mom in this picture.
I love these two pictures because they are some of my favorite people. Kirk's sister, Kerri, is one of my best friends. She's my sister in law and a best friend to me. I love her so much. Kraig is Kirk's older brother and he's below in the middle. He lived with us most of our married life. He's a dear friend. And he loved my children such that they ask about him all the time. It breaks my heart. And Kirk's dad...he's a solid man. A man of God and a good person. I love him with all of my heart for loving us and being there for us. And Kirk, who is a love for a husband. Look at his sweet face down there. He is my favorite person in this world.
But, this post is about my beloved mother in law, whom I cherish. She lives right across the street from me. And it's been this way for twelve years. Has it ever been hard? No, not in the least.
(getting married, going through the temple for the first time, having our first baby and posing with all of my sister in laws.)

My mother in law is a very special person. She loves those around her. She's welcoming and kind. Through the years she has given countless hours of service to my family. She's watched my children, she's had us over for Sunday dinners, she's taken care of me and my family when I was hospitalized with hard pregnancies and the list goes on.

I'm always so thankful for all that she has done and continues to do for us.
My mother in law is an angel. Like everyone, she's seen hard times and great times. She's so wonderful because of the life that she has lived so far. She's gentle and understanding. She's happy and intelligent. And she's very talented. Some of her talents include being a pianist, seamstress and genealogist. She's also talented at being a grandmother. Every summer she swims hours and hours with my kids in the pool. This is undoubtedly one of their fondest memories with her.
From my heart to hers, I only hope she knows how much I love her. How I admire her for the life she's lived so far, as a righteous daughter of God. I love her because she has always been supportive of me and my family. She's always so willing to help and love me and my family.
We have made so many great memories so far. My favorite memories would include being at Tahoe with her and having Sunday Dinner at her house.
It is my privilege and honor to call her "mom." I love her so and always look forward to seeing her. That's why, What I Love Most Today is my mother in law...Lesly Klippel
xoxoxoxoxoxoxxox
We have made so many great memories so far. My favorite memories would include being at Tahoe with her and having Sunday Dinner at her house.
It is my privilege and honor to call her "mom." I love her so and always look forward to seeing her. That's why, What I Love Most Today is my mother in law...Lesly Klippel
xoxoxoxoxoxoxxox







Awesome post! What a wonderful women. I love all the pictures, especially the vintage ones. We don't see those kind often enough.
ReplyDeleteYahoo for awesome mother-in-laws! Mom! Your children look a lot like your mother-in-law! Have a great weekend!
ReplyDeleteThat was a great post. Make me want to drive up today to give mom a hug and a kiss and tell her how much I love and miss her. I'm grateful that she has your family so close to love & enjoy.
ReplyDeleteThose were very kind & loving word about me. I love you, too. And, Kraig, I miss him, too. I am so happy for him. I want to see him in love. I want to see him be goof for a girl. But, he had to go & fall in love on the east coast.
What an awesome tribute to an awesome person. :)
ReplyDeleteI too love Lesly Klippel. It is because of getting HER job at the law offices when she retired that I became acquainted with you. Two very special women in my life.
ReplyDelete