This recipe is so dang delicious, you must try it as soon as you read this. :) I got the recipe from none other than the master herself, Marie Wallwork. She actually gave this recipe to me years ago and I would make the sauce and toss diced chicken into it and then put it over rice. I stopped making it and forgot about it. I recently visited Marie and she made this for us. A treat for sure. I love the sauce this way, as a "wrap." Gwyneth, Reece and Summer eat it like there's no tomorrow. It's fresh and healthy.
Thai Lettuce Wraps:
-3 T Peanut Butter
-1.5 T Soy Sauce
-1.5 T Honey
-1 T Freshly Grated Ginger
(I buy a whole ginger and put almost the entire thing in, it probably works out to be more like five Tablespoons!! But the ginger is what makes it so good.)
-1/2 tsp Crushed Red Pepper
-2 Cloves of Garlic
-1/2 c Italian Dressing
(I use the Good Seasons Italian Dressing that you make from the packet.)
-On the lettuce place any of these sides:
-Grated Carrots
-Sprouts
-Peanuts
-Diced Chicken
-Bell Pepper
-Water Chestnuts
-Tomato
-Rice
(And anything else that sounds good to you :)
Place as much of the sauce on your wrap. Personally, I could drink the sauce so I really lay it on thick.
Thai Lettuce Wraps:
-3 T Peanut Butter
-1.5 T Soy Sauce
-1.5 T Honey
-1 T Freshly Grated Ginger
(I buy a whole ginger and put almost the entire thing in, it probably works out to be more like five Tablespoons!! But the ginger is what makes it so good.)
-1/2 tsp Crushed Red Pepper
-2 Cloves of Garlic
-1/2 c Italian Dressing
(I use the Good Seasons Italian Dressing that you make from the packet.)
-On the lettuce place any of these sides:
-Grated Carrots
-Sprouts
-Peanuts
-Diced Chicken
-Bell Pepper
-Water Chestnuts
-Tomato
-Rice
(And anything else that sounds good to you :)
Place as much of the sauce on your wrap. Personally, I could drink the sauce so I really lay it on thick.
In the way of food, I eat Beets on a regular basis. I eat them in salads mainly. I love them...almost as much as yams. :)
This is a simple Beet salad with Blood Oranges, Spinach and Caraway Seeds. I use Good Seasons Italian to dress it. And throw on lots of pepper.
And of course with the weather "cooling" off here I make this soup weekly. It' s just a chicken vegetable soup. I put my cornbread in the middle of the bowl. And then I scoop the soup right over the corn bread. It's sooooooo good.

yum, yum.
ReplyDeleteEverything looks scrumptious!! thanks for taking the time to share these... will have to try them. yum!!!
ReplyDeleteYummy!
ReplyDelete