It all started early in October when her oldest sister, Gwyneth got an invitation to a princess birthday party. The invite said that the girls were to come in their most favored princess attire. Well, since my daughter Georgia is so in love with her big sister, she thought she was going too. When I told her it was just for Gwyneth she looked confused, as if to say, "how can Gwyneth be involved in anything without me?" Georgia then said, "so I'm not going?" Keep in mind this is all with tears in her eyes.
My next question was, "do you want to have your own princess party?" Of course she said yes. And as it got closer and closer, I thought to myself...."what have I done?" I'm a busy mom and even though I didn't do anything fancy for the party it still takes planning, organizing and thought. But, there was no turning back and I'm so glad we didn't. :)
First, they came into the kitchen where they decorated cupcakes.

First, they came into the kitchen where they decorated cupcakes.
Here I am reading to them. This book is called Chrysanthemum. It's by Kevin Hankes. It's the best kids book ever. :)
After we read, I had them do a coloring project. Gwyneth printed out a bunch of cute vintage Halloween pages for the girls.
And they turned out like this. I had them decoupage the coloring page onto these cute plaques I had leftover and they added glitter. I added the velvet hanger.
And that was it for the planned activities. I pulled off this party perfectly because they were only left with about twenty minutes of "free" play time. So, they dressed up, of course. Into what you ask? Princess costumes, of course. :)
Even though there were moments where I felt overwhelmed with the planning of this party, I knew Georgia would love it. And I try hard to do special things for each of these seven kids every once in awhile because I really want them to look back and know that they were especially thought of, in this big family they are a part of.
Fooling around on the grass with her friends. But can you tell who Georgia's best friend is? Yes, it's Isabel, who she has a choke hold on. They couldn't be any more precious...What I Love Most Today are princesses.
Fooling around on the grass with her friends. But can you tell who Georgia's best friend is? Yes, it's Isabel, who she has a choke hold on. They couldn't be any more precious...What I Love Most Today are princesses.


You are awesome! She will remember that forever!
ReplyDeleteYour home always looks so clean.
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun party. You're such a fun mom. I don't think I'll ever have a daughter (maybe...Schaders tend to have boys only, but...fingers crossed...) but if I do, I hope I still have enough energy to throw her a princess party. :)
ReplyDeleteWow such an awseome mom you are.
ReplyDeleteI love how your girls look and the way they are decorating cup cakes.
How fun!
ReplyDeleteCutest little princesses around!
ReplyDeletexo TJ
http://www.hislittlelady.com
Shauna. I am so so SO behind on commenting! Confession: I get SO MUCH ANXIETY when I plan parties. Like: Will people actually want to come? Will we have food that they want to eat? What if they don't have fun? And these are our best friends that I'm talking about. What a darling theme - I absolutely love what you did with the princesses concept and it looked like such a sweet party! It's nice that the girls just got to be little ladies and enjoy the afternoon. Some of my best memories when I was a pup are of the afternoons where Mom let me be Fancy.
ReplyDeleteXOXOXOXOXO