Tuesday, November 19, 2013

What I Love Most Today is the Past.

Now you can see where my baby William gets the eyes that look like they're going to pop right out of his sockets...from his mother.  Yep, that's me below, if you couldn't tell.  A paisley colored shirt with denim overalls.  I think I just saw a similar outfit at Forever 21.  :) 
 
That ballerina costume I'm wearing was worn for every Halloween between ages 4 until I couldn't fit into it anymore...seriously.  :)  We are bobbing for apples in the house I grew up on Hazeltine Avenue in Van Nuys, Los Angeles. 
 
It's so funny to see my face as a kid.  I can see all seven of my kids somewhere in that face of mine. 
 
Our neighbors, Wendy and Dennis lived upstairs in our duplex and we became life long family friends.  This is their son Timothy.  He is now a doctor at UCSF (University of San Francisco).  One of the most prestigious medical schools in our country and he was just offered the position of Chief Residency.  You never know what the future holds. 
 
In these pictures we've moved from Van Nuys to a small town in the desert called Santa Clarita, next to Six Flags Magic Mountain because my mom was getting married and this is where Jerry lived.  It's no longer a small town.  It's very nice but fully developed and pretty crowded. 
 
I haven't seen these bangs in a long time, wow.  Currently, I have bangs but they are a flatter version of what you see here. Ha!
 
I can remember all of these kids names for some reason.  Crazy.  We loved hanging out with that boy kid below.  I remember him being so funny.  Funny to my eleven year old self.
 
Goofing off.  I am exactly my oldest daughters age here.  I'm eleven in this picture.  My oldest daughter will be eleven in a week from today. 
 
The ultimated awkward stage.  It's weird how you can go through a period in the adolescent stage that doesn't is so unattractive.  I got braces shortly after this picture.  I had them for nine months just to close up that front gap. 
 
 
My Grandma Pat is on the left and my great grandmother Flora is to the right.
 
One of the many football games I went to at my high school, Canyon High School.  We were the "Canyon Cowboys."
 
With my cousins. 


This past summer I had the opportunity to go down South and revisit my old home in Van Nuys.  It was a walk down memory lane that is for sure.  This is the exact home I lived in, my old front door.  We took a picture with their door open, and then the occupant came out.   Oops.  :)
 
My street.
 

A perfect ensemble of what Van Nuys looks like. 
 
I was also able to visit my old elementary school   It seems impossible that I lived here and went to school here ever.  It's seems like another lifetime ago.  
 
There it is.  The duplex in Van Nuys.  I have so many memories in this little house.  I'm so glad I got to take my children here to see my old stomping grounds.  What I Love Most Today is the Past.  
 
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. Looking at these pictures of you when you were younger is like looking at Reece and Kalen. Oh, I had overalls and at some point a paisley shirt. So in then so out now. We also lived in a duplex for about 4 years. I don't think my children even know what that word means.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving your posts. Such great and meaningful fun pictures. I love the walk down memory lane. I totally think it is important to reflect on the past and be reminded about where we come from and how far we've come and yes, I agree it all seems like a different life.

    Kirk is such a great father! He always looks and seems so interested in every aspect of his family. Every child's personal note or drawing is cool to him. He seems like such a supportive and loving husband too. I knew he would be, just so awesome to see.

    A Tahoe post is coming soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see Kalen when I look at your as a child! so you only had braces for 9 months? amazing. also a blessing that from what I can tell from pictures, your kids all have perfect teeth! Emily is going on 28 months of braces!! and Jake and Trent both have huge ortho plans coming soon. $$$$. I haven't commented in a while, so Happy Birthday Kirk and what a fun weekend you had with the Hales. so many kids! She look exactly the same. they have a beautiful home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a beautiful post!!!! thank you for sharing your story with us. loving all your pictures of yourself as a little one. your kids look so much like you!!! and i wish i had braces for only 9 months! :)

    ReplyDelete