Decorating for Christmas that is. Can you believe it's that time of year again? Amazing. For the past few years it has become tradition to go cut a tree down in the Santa Cruz Mountains on Gwyneth's birthday. So, yesterday they did just that. I stayed home with slumbering babies and prepared for the party to be had when they got back.
At the after Christmas sales last year, Kirk surprised the kids with this Play Mobile Manger set. They did not open it last year, they had to wait until this year. So, here they are building their manger scene.
At the after Christmas sales last year, Kirk surprised the kids with this Play Mobile Manger set. They did not open it last year, they had to wait until this year. So, here they are building their manger scene.
Lots of pieces to keep them busy.
Gwyneth is putting up our Santa Claus. It's getting tattered. My dear friend Jill gave this to me as a gift years ago. The kids man handle him to no end every year. For now, this is why I can't have too many nice things because the kids "love" them too much.
I love this little puzzle. I got it ten years ago at Old Navy. The kids love it.
If you hadn't guessed this is our tree skirt that also doubles as a shawl, skirt or shirt. You should try this with yours.....
My dad's girlfriend, Cynthia had this in her studio. It's a great vintage album of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.
Here are those sweet nutcracker themed stockings all hung up. It was hard to get a picture, there are so many!
Finally we get to the tree. We may be the only house hold in America that still gets a fresh tree. We love it. I can't see getting a fake tree, but one must never say never. Kirk can't do much these days with his broken collar bone so I have to fill in. We are straightening the tree. I had to tighten the screws into the stump.
Next, we are checking to see if the lights work....check.
Wait, don't the lights go on the tree?
Too late because apparently we wear the lights just like the tree skirt. Kids......
Kalen is taking Summer to bed or else she's going to be wrapped in those lights next....I can just see it now.
The lights are on and we are hanging ornaments.
I love these Noble Fur trees because the ornaments hang so nicely.
I played around with my camera a bit. This is with a standard flash. It's so blunt, no charm.
Here, Kirk taught me how to use a tripod in order to get the shutter to stay open longer to get this glowing affect. I like it better.
I love these wooden vintage ornaments, my mother in law gave to me.
I like this lighting better.
It's glowing, it's charming, it's sparkling, it's Christmas.
What I Love Most Today is Christmas, the season. Let us all magnify our reflection upon the Savior and his gift to us....

Bummer, we missed it. I guess we will have to put up our tree. I was hoping that I could just get away with your.
ReplyDeleteJust so you know Emry is an avid TKR&H reader. She loves your posts and keeping up with you all. You're getting me excited for Christmas but we won't decorate until next week because this Sat is our primary party and I am using many of my decorations there.
ReplyDeleteI love the glowing effect on your pics, so stunning! Kirk is a gem for all his photo knowledge.
I was about to go to Michael's to buy holiday cards but then read about a cool stationary site on a blog and just decided to go that route. I spent over $200 but it's done and way cuter than what I would have put together.
You look so cute in that pic, very 70's which you know I am all about 70's style.
Haha, I'm so glad that Emry loves the blog. You know it's funny, I don't get a lot of commments but a lot of people at church read it. And a few people have asked me to continue on with the "What I Love Most," which I definitely cannot keep up on a daily basis. But I thought I would try to do it twice a month or something.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the compliment. Pictures are weird. You go to take a good one, prepared and you're not happy with it, and then your husband shoots a random picture of you hanging an ornament and it turns out great.
Alright, so you ended up doing a card. I am in the same boat. I am this minute trying to decide, "do I do a card, or do something online?" I've never done anything online or through Costco. But, I am busier and busier, I need something easy. We'll see. But, I want to get it out in the next three days. Problem is that I don't have my pictures from Ken Ille yet. Have a great day. Love you, Shauna
Kerri, it's so funny that you mentioned not being here for the tree, because as we were decorating I thought, I wonder if Kerri and Sean put up a tree at all since their here every year for Christmas? So you do after all.
ReplyDeleteWell, you will be here pretty early for Christmas, we could all do the annual Temple and Fenton's Ice Cream together, that would be fun.
I have this same nativity. I love it. It was given to my by the first associate dean I worked for here at BYU. My grandchildren love it too. I have used it for music in primary too because it has so many pieces everyone can do something for the Nativity Song.
ReplyDelete