Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Adventure #2

Of course one of our adventures would have to include the beach.  So after we came home from the city on Monday, the kids crashed and I stayed up and made lunches for the beach.  Kalen and I packed the car that night and off we went to the beach early the next morning.  This time I didn't invite anyone.  I just wanted to sit and watch the kids and let them have my undivided attention.  The day started out dismal but it became so beautiful around noon, it ended up being one of the most beautiful days yet.  This is at Capitola beach in Santa Cruz.  








The homemade fort was the huge hit of the day.  Capitola gets a lot of wood debris and so there are all kinds of sticks, logs, etc. that make building super easy and fun.  They dug a big whole covered it with the wood and hung their towels and blankets and wa-la, they had a fort.  










I love California and I love the beach.  I've never lived anymore than 30 minutes from the beach and I hope I never will.  Another great time was had at the beach.  And there are for sure many more to come.  

3 comments:

  1. Fort at the beach! Epic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, I LOVED fort building, Shauna. What an excellent activity for a beach day. I completely agree with you about needing to live near the water. We may not have an ocean, but with more than 10,000 lakes, it feels strange when we visit places where there aren't rivers/lakes all around!

    ReplyDelete