We were able to take the kids snowboarding through our home school charter school a few weeks back and luckily Sierra at Tahoe was open because there was hardly any snow. 

I had to drop them off early in the morning and go back to our hotel and pack up. I only had Shane and Summer with me because Georgia went boarding for the first time!!! She did great and her dad is a gem for sticking with her the whole time. He literally stands in back of the kids and holds their arms out and snowboards with them to teach them. He's the best dad ever.
On our way from the hotel we stopped by this "drive through" wedding chapel and I had to stop. So cute!!
While the others went boarding I stayed down the hill with these two rascals as it was their first time in the snow!
They managed to build this snowman and of course they called him none other than, "William." Because he was a "baby snowman," in Summer's words. :)
Coming back from the long first day, it's always the hardest day. I remember and he taught me how to snowboard too. :) 
Reece and Gwyneth have been fluent at snowboarding for the last couple of years. They were a tad rusty as there was no snow last year either.
It was a great trip. Originally, I was going to stay at home with the little kids but last minute I had the idea to go. Kirk's mom and dad were so nice to have William overnight with them, so I didn't have to worry about him and dragging him around in the snow. We are so grateful for all they do to help us and we are grateful for this spontaneous trip we got to take!! We are hoping so much for a better winter this year!!


How fun! Glad u got to go ! No snowboarding here hubby says they have to master skiing first.
ReplyDeletefun! we had signed Trent up for ski lessons and he didn't even get one lesson this year. although they partially opened for a month or so, the area he was to take lessons from never opened, and the resort closed in January. he was so sad.
ReplyDeleteSnow and amazing sunshine - love it - brilliant :)
ReplyDelete