Sunday, March 08, 2015

Adventure #1...

We have been so busy as usual.  At the beginning of President's weekend, a few weeks ago, my niece Kaitlyn was put on a plane and shipped directly to our house for an ultimate stay of two weeks at the Klippel home.  The first week she was here we vacationed and didn't let a day go by without some adventure.  On President's Day itself we traveled to the city and spent the day at Kirby Cove on the north side of the Golden Gate Bridge.   

It is one of our most favorite places to visit in the city, hands down.  The only group allowed to camp in the cove are the Boy Scouts of America.  My dad remembers camping here with his boy scout troup, way back when.  This swing has been here for a long time and it's kept in great condition by the boy scouts themselves.  We loooove it here!!!  







All along the hike were the most incredible wild patches of Calla Lillies.  Just beautiful, Summer kept picking them.   


  
After hiking back up to the top, we headed to our favorite park called Koret Children's Quarters, located in Golden Gate Park.  This is my dad with Summer and Shane.  He treated all of the kids to ice creams and various sweets.  :)



It started out a beautiful day but by the end it had fogged over and was super chilly.  And that's exactly what I love about the city.  We had a great time with great friends and family.  


5 comments:

  1. Dear Shauna, Ohh how much would I love to come on one of your trips. Everything looks so beautiful. I cannot believe you can pick Cala lilies, here we can only purchase them and they are far smaller than the real deal. Beautiful. Hope you are well sweetness,
    Ax

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a super fun day! I am getting so excited to spend a couple weeks in California this summer. Did you mean Presidents weekend as Memorial weekend is in May? I actually saw this park on another friends blog and thought it looked fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun! I love the pic of Will & Kalen on the swing. Great pics. Did Reece go?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so excited! I'm 99% sure I'm going to take my friend Britney here when she comes into town. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete