After coming home Sunday evening from our trip to the Hale's, we had a quick Family Home Evening with a spiritual thought and a reminder that the next week would be school again, with Kaitlyn. Her mom sent her school packet along with her and I did school with her along with my own kids.
The kids did great that week with their school work. I was also able to fit in an art project to go along with our unit on Ancient Rome. Kaitlyn had fun listening to the lesson and doing the art project, which were mosaics. Saturday came quickly and it was Georgia's baptism day. Kerri and Sean, Kaitlyn's parents got into town early afternoon on Friday.
The baptism was lovely, simple and sweet. She was baptized in the dress below. Her dress is a over 50 years old as my mother in laws oldest daughter was first baptized in it. It has been handed down to each of her daughters for their baptismal dress and then down to each granddaughter to wear for the same purpose. All of the girls' names are embroidered on the underside of the hem with their baptismal date. It's the most precious tradition ever.
My children's baptisms are so special to me as they remind me of my own baptism. I was baptized when I was 19 which mean I've been a member for about 15 years now. In our faith we like to share our testimonies of what we know and believe to be true.
My testimony is dear to me, something that cannot be taken from me. It's unique to me, it has grown and has been strengthened over the years by blessings, by spiritual experiences, by living what I know and believe to be true, by serving and so much more.
So, to my sweet Georgia, who I love so much, I have a deep and abiding testimony. I love the gospel. It has blessed my life beyond measure. I have been able to change for the better, I have been able to progress all because of Heavenly Father's Plan and through the Savior's Atonement. We have the greatest treasure here and I will never let it go and one of my greatest hopes in life is that my children always embrace the gospel and turn to Heavenly Father for all things.
We believe baptism is a necessary ordinance and Christ was baptized, not because he needed to be but to show us the way and to be the example to us. I love our family, and I am so grateful that Georgia was so excited to get baptized. I will be here to love and support her, forever. Congratulations on a new life, one where you have been trusted with the gift of free agency to choose the right with.
Happy Baptism Day Georgia. You are one of a kind, just the way Heavenly Father sees you and wants you to be.

Shauna, what a sweet tradition your family has, sharing that baptismal dress! How wonderful to be able to celebrate the baptism of another child!
ReplyDeletecongratulations Georgia! You are beautiful. that dress tradition is so cute!
ReplyDeleteLove her dress! Looks like it was an amazing day! Yes, it is funny how some states have different rules. My girlfriend lives in a stake where all the children of that month are baptized on the same day.
ReplyDelete