Thursday, February 07, 2013

What I Love Most today is Cub Scouts!!!!

What I love most today is Cub Scouts!!!!  Tonight was the Blue and Gold Dinner with a Candy Land theme.  I love these things, it's so fun to see the kids get so excited over it.  Kalen helped his younger brother Reece come up with "Boy Scout Land" and all of the kids executed this cupcake land of plenty.  Plenty of candy...that is. 
 
 
Reece just started Cub Scouts.  He loves it, of course.  We are so blessed to have such great leaders in our scout program and these are two of Reece's great friends.  I love these boys.
 
 
Candy Land...literally.
 
 
 
This Blue and Gold dinner was pretty fancy schmancy as there was cookie decorating, game stations and face painting.
 
 
Of course there were skits to enjoy....
 
The leader was a good sport...
 
The boys will go on to get their Eagle Awards.  Kalen is about two years from his.  He's a great example for Reece. 
 
I am grateful for the time and effort these people put in to teaching and leading our children.  They are not paid and they are willing to take time from their busy lives for our families. 
 

Reece earned a few awards tonight.  He's working hard and he loves it!  So What I Love Most today is Cub Scouts!!!!
 
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

  1. Yay, for cub scouts! Such a great organization for our youth. I love the cupcake theme. BOY SCOUT LAND, awesome. Congrats, boys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. super cute theme! sugar overload. I bet all the kids loved it. we love cub scouts too. it gets first priority in our house, over all other after school activities.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reece is getting so big and cute. Yes the Scouting program is wonderful, as long as it's not my calling :) What one was your cake?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first picture on the blog is Reece's cake. Kalen came up with "Boy Scout Land" instead of "Candy Land." :) I totally agree. I feel like saying, "We have an awesome Scouting program but if you call me to it, I'm not sure it will be so great anymore...I'm just saying... :)"

      Delete
  4. Such a cute post. Gosh, I remember those Blue and Gold Dinners. Time sure flies when you're a mom. Lovely blog you have here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderful experience for boys indeed, so nice to see your sons embracing it and props to the leaders who volunteer their time (they know it is very important work).

    The dessert table is just phenomenal, I had a tooth ache just looking at all of the goodies.

    ReplyDelete