Saturday, February 09, 2013

What I Love Most today are Projects!!!

This past Christmas I came up with some fun ways to display the many photos we take.  It all started when I got the idea to make some personalized photo gifts for my sister in law to hang in our guest bedroom when she visits, so she can see her own family on the walls.
 
And for Christmas my dad's girlfriend gifted to me and the girls a huge Tupperware bin of all her left over art/project supplies.  I love it!!!  She makes unique pictures and sells them in boutiques. 
 
I have so many of these I am doing, as I would like to devote a small portion of one of our walls upstairs to these pictures, but today I worked on this one.
 
I just do what I like, what strikes me at the moment.  I'm not really a "matchy, matchy" kind of person and I like this because it's like the "Chabby Chic-ers" met up with the "Bohemians."  Hahaha :)
 
 
I chose to do the top pretty fancy and keep the bottom picture simple, who knows why, just felt right at the moment. 
 
I was so happy when I came across these vintage hanging embellishments at a scrapbook store after Christmas.  I think I purchased every one of them in that store.  They can be used in so many ways, the possibilities are endless!!
 
I love beads for embellishment and in my jewelry.
 
 
I also found these card stock boards at the same store, along with the vintage hangers.  I could not say no to these.  I love them! 
 
 
 
 
This was the personalized photo I did for my sister in law as a Christmas gift.  I did three of them, this one, another single of her daughter and a picture of all of them together as a family.  They were hanging in the guest bedroom for them on arrival.
 
 
I love creating things.  I don't have a lot of time but sometimes I get an idea here or there and I come up with something I really like.  And, I was feeling a little under the weather today so my husband took all of our kids for the day so I could create!  Today, What I Love Most are Projects!
 


Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

  1. You´ve been creative, it´s very pretty! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! I love them. really really cute. and unique!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved going into the room & seeing the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How creative are you?! The frames looks absolutely beautiful! I've got far too many photos that need framing, need to make a trip down to Rymans! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. loving your vintage hangers!!!! your frames turned out beautifully!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are just the coolest. I love the one on the coat hanger I think the most. Just a fascinating idea. I need you to come East and help me with a project like this...I am hopeless when it comes to most crafts.

    ReplyDelete