Kirk and I just had "individual meetings" with our four oldest kids. Briefly, this is one of many opportunities for our children to have one on one time with us and the bonus is that they get to request their treat for the evening, as they stay up late with us while the others go to bed. And I must say, "IT'S GETTIN' REAL FANCY ROUND THESE PARTS!" (note: read the last line with southern accent). :)
Reece ordered See's Candy, I mean I'm not complaining...it's just fancy. :)
Reece ordered See's Candy, I mean I'm not complaining...it's just fancy. :)
And the others ordered Krispy Kreme Doughnuts...what?? I had to have these doughnuts several nights in a row...yes, I was made to. :)
These meetings that we hold with our kids are becoming so fun. Kalen is becoming a young man, dare I say. Some years ago I was a little concerned about how we would get along. As he has gotten older I am more and more pleased and impressed with him. Our meeting with him is always so fun, a lot of laughing and talking. As a matter of fact, Kalen is a big talker. Anytime he comes through our door after being gone, whether it be at Scouts, Bishops Fireside, or a friend's house, he sits down and tells us everything that went on. I hope that this will last. But, I am enjoying it for now, that's for sure. In our meeting with him he talked a lot about his goals, his church calling and his excitement about being in Young Men's at church. Oh yes, and he wouldn't want me to forget he's joined Stake Youth Choir and he looooooves it. Tonight he's gone at a Spaghetti dinner at the Sundstrom's home.
Gwyneth, is so different in her meeting with us. She loves to tell us all about the books she's read, which we surely can't keep up with. She goes on about her dreams, her writing the weekly newspaper for park day with Lily, her plans and what she wants to do when she grows up. She's got big plans!!! She talks so much, her dad and I can't get a word in edgewise and we started to fall asleep after an hour of her talking, but did she notice....nah...she just kept right on talking. :) Gwyneth is some kind of girl, that's for sure.
Reecy, Reecy, Reecy...he was a little quieter. Reece reminds me of a solid, 100% boy. His main concern is getting school out of the way so he can play sports. In his meeting with us he wanted to know when Volleyball was starting again, and when swim team would start. Reece also talked to us about his new teachers at church. He looooves them. They are a young husband and wife and he said he loves going to class because they do a great job. :) Reece is a loyal, and loving boy.
Georgia, the bearn had her first meeting! She kept saying, in her mousy voice, "my meeting isn't over yet, is it????" She's a girl right after my own heart. She's happy, loving and happy. I can't emphasize happy enough. She's in her own happy world for sure.
At the end of the week, after meeting with each of them Kirk and I felt so blessed to have these children as ours. They're great and they are trying and doing good things. Another great blessing in their lives is that each of them have really great friends, that they've had for years and some are making new friends too. We are so happy for them. To see the gospel of Jesus Christ making a difference in their lives and having a family that is supportive of each one of them, we're so thankful for this opportunity we've been given to raise them. It can dish out some hard times, but mostly, we are having great times!!!!!

I love your kids so much and wish I could know them better! and that our kids could be friends.
ReplyDeleteWhen I first read the title of the post, I thought who loves meetings? We have these PPI's or individual dates with our children too, but maybe not as formally as you do! Ours are pretty loose in that I or my husband try to make individual time with all the children. Sometimes it is let's go get an ice cream to let's talk in the car coming home for an activity. Harris and I have every Monday night now together because his brother dropped Karate. I am assuming for you that they probably need to be more structured because you have three more children then we do and you guys are together 24/7. Since my children come home at different times of the day it gives me time to be with each of them for sometime alone each day. Harris is the last to go to school and Addy doesn't wake up till he is on the bus so we have time in the mornings where as on Wenesdays Roman doesn't go to chess with Winston so we have 2 hours with each other. I always wondered with Mrs. Dugger if she really feels like she knows her children and if they feel like they get enough attention. 19 children is a lot and while I don't think it is impossible to love or take care of that many children with 4 soon to be 5 somedays I feel like there just isn't enough time in the day. I feel quilty that I don't have the same amount of free time to do the fun things I did when I just had two. We used to make crafts galore, but now our time is spent going from one activity to another or homework. Your Gwen is a talker like my Roman. He doesn't stop where Winston is quiet so you have to pay extra attention to make sure he isn't being missed. Addy and Harris are my drama's. Have a great weekend! Kelleyn
ReplyDeleteLove this idea! Basically, I want to start a file of things I want to do with our kids in the future, but at this point it would pretty much be called, "What The Klippel Family does."
ReplyDeleteA wonderful idea indeed. It is important when you have multiple children that they each have their time. You and Kirk are such good examples, of course no one is perfect, but you all really just inspire.
ReplyDeleteAs for the Krispy Kreme they were started here in North Carolina...so thanks for supporting a local business :) They are indeed quite addictive so beware!