Last weekend Kirk and my two oldest sons went snow camping with Boy Scouts. They left on a Thursday and ended on Saturday in Bear Valley to snow board. So, while they were doing this the girls and I were doing this...
Of course. I mean whenever there is time for just us it's always about our nails, treats, movies and the like.
This is the first time they have ever had a face masque applied to their skin. Georgia kept asking, "is it cracking?" No, it just feels that way. :)
The next day they asked if we could go to yogurt. They don't have to ask twice, but they had to do chores first.
Has Will ever had fruit or vegetables besides his bottles? No, but he's had frozen yogurt. First thing is first, c'mon... :)
Came home and made Shane an obedience chart. He's having a little trouble listening and minding these days. The chart is great for this but I've also been more mindful about spending more time with him during the day, reading and holding him on the couch. He just needs more attention.
Georgia had to make a chart too when she saw Shane's. She puts her own stickers on though...ya know, she's big like that.
I made cornbread and soup on Friday night and we had it again on Saturday evening. This is one of my kids top five meals. They tell me they will never get tired of it. I like my cornbread right in my soup butter and honey on it and everything. So good.
The boys finally got back from the snow and Kirk and I went to the Temple Tuesday evening. It's a long evening but worth it. It's such a pleasure to feel the peace and spirit that comes from being in the Temple.
As we drove to the temple I read aloud an article in our church magazine called, "How to Raise Resilient Children." We thought it was great. We're good parents but there is always room to improve and to evaluate how we are doing. If you don't get this magazine you can find this article here. All in all we are just busy doing this and that. And we are happy!!!



(1) That's so funny--I just read and posted about the same article on my facebook page yesterday. I thought it was a wonderful article.
ReplyDelete(2) That soup looks amazing.
(3) Spa night and Mary Poppins? I'm not gonna lie, Shauna. Sometimes I wish I was one of your girls! :) I always thought I'd be 100% okay with having all boys (which seems to be the Schader Family lot), but this is making me hope for at least one girl.
Spa Night and Mary Poppins? What a treat. I have always been a fan of that movie and never tire of watching it.
ReplyDeleteIs it just me or does the picture of the cover of your magazine look like your oldest son?
Anyways I am glad you all had such a wonderful time and enjoyed you weekend together.
Soup with cornbread is always good (I love to pair it with black bean soup)...YUM!
Have a great day Shauna!
Wow seems you had a great time with the girls--I think girls end up becoming the 'mom's closest friend.(I see it with my mom)
ReplyDeleteThankyou for the detailed reply on my post 'comfort zone'.
I have a bad-knee so I really cant do much of a squat :(. But--I'm going to do all the other stuff you suggested. Thankyou!
Fun times for sure!!! I need a pedicure really bad so maybe we should have a spa night tonight. Oh little Shane, I am sure he does need your lap and arms, it's hard with lots of kids, I for sure know I didn't get the attention I needed, & I am still bitter about it :) (kind of kidding, kind of not)
ReplyDeleteThanks for the article suggestion, I'll read it sometime today. After 2 years of thinking about it I finally last week went online and ordered us a subscription to all 3 church magazines, does Kalen read the New Era? I am sure Emry will devour it as it will make her feel so big that she's graduated from The Friend, (that she still enjoys).
Love you so much, have a fantabulous weekend!!!!!
We don't get the New Era but I will subscribe soon, since Kalen is old enough to appreciate that magazine now. He does read the Ensign sometimes. He read an article in it last night that was geared toward the youth about being good learners and leaders. I can't remember the title. I've wanted him to read it for a couple of weeks. He still likes the friend too, which is why I haven't gotten the New Era but it's time. Love you.
DeleteShauna xo
I want to come and hang out at your house! So much fun! Homemade soup! Cornbread and pedicures and yogurt icecream. No better way to spend a weekend!
ReplyDeleteVery nice blog!
ReplyDeleteI invite you to become a my reader,you can also follow me on bloglovin
xoxo
Beautiful photos!
ReplyDeletewww.rsrue.blogspot.com
what a darling little family! i love the mary poppins/ facial night + yogurtland!
ReplyDeletenow following your darling blog!! xo the well-traveled wife
I have two boys and am pregnant with our third child. As much as I love my boys, your girls' weekend kind of makes me want a girl too. And I love that pic of the little guy with his frozen yogurt. My youngest's first solid was a pancake...o to be the younger siblings! New to your blog and look forward to reading along!
ReplyDeleteI have a new found respect for those boy scouts and their dads. A bunch of boys at our ward just went snow camping. I can't imagine camping during the winter. Although, getting to ski afterwards sounds pretty fun. Looks like such a fun date with your girls :)
ReplyDeleteWow, maybe I should have come up. Looks like a great time. That little shane just need more Aunt Kerri. Send him to me. I will spoil him :)
ReplyDeleteYou and the girls definitely had the better time, in my opinion. ;-)
ReplyDeletePedicures during Mary Poppins?!? Where was I?!? Love it.
ReplyDeleteShauna - what a lovely time. I remember when Billy and my Dad used to pack off to scout camp or for some sort of camp-weekend in the winter and Mom and I would have girl time. It is so precious! Obviously I am so into the fact that you did my two most important activities: nail painting and fro yo eating.
ReplyDeleteYou should definitely try the salad - it was just to die for. Am probably going to road test a cauliflower/white bean/barley arrangement this week and (naturally) will report back. Fingers and toes it is delicious!
Glad that you and Kirk got to the temple together - those centering moments are so important. It's kind of funny how even when you don't know how everything will quite fit in timing-wise, it all works itself out in the end.
XOXOXO
that sounds like the best girls' day! how fun! my grandmother used to do the same when i was little. she had a salon in her house and i thought it was the coolest thing ever.
ReplyDeleteOh I adore the girls day together - what a fab way to spend the day. Must do this with mine :) Also love the soup you did and the cornbread - have never tasted anything like that here, but it looks delish. Happy Sunday sweet Shauna,
ReplyDeleteAxxx
salon pedicures and mary poppins - so perfect!!!! your cornbread and soup look amazing too - share the recipe?? :) love these little glimpses into your lovely life! :)
ReplyDeleteYou just gave me the greatest idea ever - to do a spa day at home with my little one. She will love it! Thank you.
ReplyDelete