The healthy desserts that these Santa Cruz folk ordered were eaten all up, but I'm getting ahead of myself.
First we all met at Mama Mia's in Felton, next door to Santa Cruz. We had a great time discussing favorite books, movies and shows...namely Downton Abbey. Just for the record Thira's husband, Mark has the theme song for his ring tone on his phone. I'm next on the list. :)
At first we all look like pretty normal people, sitting around, talking and enjoying each other, which we did...
But who needs games when we can have a fitness competition?...for lack of better words. Yep, the first challenge of the evening was planking. Yes, as in the Yoga position; Plank. Who can do it the longest? Eric, the guy in the green sweatshirt beat out Rene. Which was disappointing to us girls seeing as she is totally into yoga. Come on Rene!!!! Because it's always boys against girls.
They're laughing because there are no words for how out of control it all gets. It's just so funny. Adults basically trying to up each other in gymnastics. Awesome.
Next challenge was the brown bag on the floor. Who can bend down, on only one leg and pick up the brown bag with their mouth? I wanted to do this but opted out. I was waiting for something else.
When the next challenge was head standing that was mine. I can headstand for days and days. I beat everyone, no problem. My kids would be proud.
The men went on to bigger and better things, a sort of P90X challenge where they did pull ups and push ups and all that stuff.




Whaaat look at your amazing headstand. I think i'd break my neck if I tried that again. Mind you I used to be rather athletic - perhaps I should try. Looks like an fab party with lovely friends. Happy Monday Shauna,
ReplyDeleteAxx
That is some good clean fun! Wish I could have been there, looks like a fun bunch. I didn't know you had a hidden talent, I guess I am still learning all about you. Happy Birthday to Thira, thanks for making me feel apart of it all.
ReplyDeleteAnyone just looking at the pictures would have definitely thought alcohol was involved...however it is so very cool that fun can be had by so many adults just wanting to one up each other. Headstands are hard to way to go Shauna!
ReplyDeleteI will have to try some physical challenges at my next get together...that is after I practice.
So very wonderful of Thira to have a birthday so you all could celebrate her :)
what a wonderful party!!
ReplyDeleteSeems like the best of times sweetie - I love parties like that!
ReplyDeleteAw, this all looks like so much fun! And that dessert looks delicious!!!
ReplyDeletexo TJ
What a fun party. And what a headstand pro! I am way impressed.
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh a planking competition? That is so awesome! What a fun night! And who doesn't love Downton Abby, seriously?
ReplyDeleteYou party animals!
ReplyDeletethese photos are so sweet! they ooze with lovely times and joy. and i totally agree...downtown abbey is sooo legit!
ReplyDeleteWow...I wish I was invited!!!!!!!!!!! Great pics!
ReplyDeleteAww, looks like such a lovely evening! The head standing is particularly impressive, too!
ReplyDeleteLooks like a blast!!! I wish we were neighbors!! =)
ReplyDeleteI love you Shauna Klippel. I am amazed at how much time you spend on your blog! It is gorgeous & so real! I am subscribing right now to you & Marie's...if I can figure out how! Subscribe to ours too! wallworks-wallworks.blogspot.com XOXO In your neighborhood Wednesday, bday @ Sky High 2:15 ish...STOP BY! xoxo
ReplyDelete