Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Breakfast Surprise...

Monday was President's Day, which meant a day off for everyone.  Mainly because if Kirk has the day off, I let the kids have the day off too.  The bonus was that we woke up on a cloudy day to the smell of breakfast wafting up into our rooms.  It was a surprise breakfast!!! But, who was cooking?  My two sweet daughters Gwyneth and Georgia, who woke up at 6:30am to start their creations.  A lovely start to a lovely day...
 
A few of them, bed head and all.
 
The lovely table set and adorned with plenty.  Actually, kids are the cutest.  They do what you do.  Whatever my kids have for breakfast they always have to have a fruit with it, whether it be cereal, or pancakes, eggs, etc.  And it's no different when they are cooking.  They made sure there was plenty of fruit.  This time we got strawberries and honeydew melon.
 
Gwyneth and her signature blueberry muffins.  This was the last batch. 
 
 
The boy and his blanket.  All of the big kids got blankets for Christmas.  This blanket is with Reece until about 10:00 in the morning when it starts to warm up. 
 
 
The two girls who surprised us with this lovely breakfast.
 
 
 
Usually, on days off we have big plans but not today.  It was cloudy and we all just lounged around and relaxed. 
 
 
Lunchtime rolled around.  I had my salad, pita chips, hummus, Living Magazine...I was set!  When who appeared by my side?  Summer.  Yes, and I can't resist her.  Now it was her magazine and her lunch.
 
 
Meanwhile...my husband was rebuilding our computer.  He's like magic.  I guess all engineers are to a point.  I always say he's like a doctor because he can build and fix any problem on any computer.  I love it our new machine.  It is so quiet, you can't even hear it!!!
 
 
Back to lunch.  After I finished my salad I had my cup of Pero with my two chocolate, nut treats from Costco. 
 
 
She had to swoop in on this part of my meal too.
 
And it kills Kirk that she loves the Pero.  It's not a coffee drink at all but it has an uncanny smell to coffee.  My husband was rolling his eyes while taking this.  :)

Thanks to my sweet daughters for surprising us with breakfast!  It was a lovely start to a relaxing and lazy, cloudy day. 
 
Posted by Picasa

19 comments:

  1. Hi Shauna - wow your girls made you this lovely breakfast;) Mine are still a tad to young - but Audrey did make us a delicious fruitsalad this weekend. Looks like a lovely day, lucky you to have a computer builder at home too - here I am the geek girl. Happy Thursday sweets,
    Axx

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, that's so sweet, I cant wait for something like this to happen in my home.
    I'm sure my boys would love to do it:P

    Your kids are just adorable, I always say that, don't I?

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1) Your family is precious 3) Those muffins look delish 2) Your daughters are rock stars(and waaaay cooler than my little sister and I)...

    I remember my little sister and I wanted to make my parents breakfast (in bed), because "Bed and Breakfasts" were my mom's favorite getaway. So we were up by like 3:30 in the morning, because any earlier and it'd be too late for us to stay up. If that makes sense. We made cereal. Cut fruit. Poured juice.

    We proceeded to wake up my older sister so she could help us make eggs and pancakes. We wore aprons and we served breakfast at 5am. My parents even took pictures, that will hopefully NEVER surface the internet. Ever.

    Go Gwyneth and Georgia!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ummm, 3 and 2 got switched. It's early...ish.

      Delete
  4. That is so sweet that they made breakfast for the whole family. What a nice surprise. Blueberry muffins are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. First off that is very sweet, second off I am a total bore because I hate when my kids make me breakfast in bed (usually on Mothers Day). I am so particular about my food, so anal huh? Usually my oatmeal is boring with no added ingredients ( I like to add minimum of about 100 :), and it's lukewarm by the time I get it and there's a ton of it. Like a Huge bowl of oats, a Huge bowl of yogurt with fruit and granola mixed in (um that can't be saved for later guys, well, the granola will be soggy by then :(, and 3 slices of toast. Um, it's just me.

    But really it looks like the girls did a fantastic job, did they take the pics too, or were you up? Also, I have to know if they sliced up that honeydew, I would not trust my girls to do that, those outer peels are hard.

    What's up with Kirk not liking the kids drinking pero, it's just barley. My girls drink it all the time, they love it. Ethan is loyal to his one and only true love hot chocolate.

    Have a great day Shauna! Love you

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your babies are so beautiful. All of the yummy food is making me hungry!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have roses already? And it looked like blossoms on the tree. Lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cool that they got up and took care of this for you all (the muffins BTW look fantastic).

    When we have days like this at my house we call them pajama days (my kids get a little too excited when these come around as it involves lots of running and screaming....you know because we are just THAT excited about it all).

    Funny that Summer took your lunch. There is always one who will swoop in and take your food. I have gotten pretty used to it (as I am sure you have). I kind of look at it as natural portion control :)

    I hope you have a great Thursday Shauna!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What sweet girls. They must have a mother who is a wonderful example to them. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. so cute! what a nice surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can I borrow these girls?

    Lasse the young man in the photos is 25 he is from Germany. My husband used to live with his family when he went to University in Germany. He was in Brazil for the semester going to business school there and on his way back home. He made a pit stop at our house. The boys adore him. My little girl too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is great that your children know how to cook and prepare food so well at such a young age. It is great that they are learning to be self sufficient. What a truly lovely breakfast.

    Ali of

    www.dressingken.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. omgoodness, you have the SWEETEST kids ever!!!! that breakfast they made looks divine! can you ask your daughter to share her blueberry muffin recipe? :) sounds like a lovely lovely day. the love your family has for one another is so evident, and so sweet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful pictures as always! That breakfast looks delicious!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have the sweetest kids! What a nice surprise to have breakfast in the morning! Perfect day off:-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. just so sweet!! looks like the perfect, relaxing day!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm constantly impressed with all that you can get done in one day! And you make it so effortless. And you find time to blog about it! How on earth?

    You have gorgeous skin my friend.

    Happy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That was really sweet of them, you´ve done well raising them! :-)

    ReplyDelete