Friday, February 01, 2013

Happy Birthday to Thira...part 1

Happy Birthday to my beloved and special friend Thira Wallwork.  We have been friends for years.  Her husband Mark asked me to co-host her birthday this evening by preparing healthy desserts.  Somewhat of an oxymoron but I am always up for the challenge.
 
This is Thira to the left, me and Marie Wallwork.  Thira and Marie are sister in laws, but we all love each other like sisters. 

 
For the healthy desserts I made "carnival cookies" credit to Heidi Swanson at 101 Cookbooks...
 
Millet Muffins, also credit to Heidi Swanson...
 
and the topper...the grand finale....a fresh blueberry trifle, credit to Tyler Florence  I've been making it for years.  It is simply the best dessert ever.  I am so excited to be with Thira tonight at her party!!!! One of my favorite things about Thira are her sweet words to me.  She texted me a couple of weeks ago and said, "the thought of you brings tears of joy to my eyes."  :)

Stay tuned for part 2 of this post, the actual party. 
 
I love you Thira, and the thought of you brings tears of joy to my eyes too....see you in about an hour!!!!  I'm literally running out the door. 

Happy Birthday to Thira!!!!!!!!  xoxoxoxoxoxx
 
Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

  1. What perfect desserts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you can make some incredible things...wish I stayed near you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hope you had fun! that's so nice of you do do all that food. blueberry one looks sooooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy yummy food :)

    xo
    summer

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey hey Shauna! Thanks so much for visiting my blog and calling it fresh! Haha! I really loved that! Always nice to have new visitors.. Thanks for your kind comments!And isn't Ashley the greatest? She's such a doll!

    Janette Lane

    PS. And happy birthday to your friend! Woo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wish I could have been there, I am sure you all had a great time together. Your trifle looks so delicious, your a sweetheart to take on the desserts. I think Heidi's blog was the first blog I ever stumbled upon years ago and I love how she feels about, cooks and loves whole foods. Have a fab Sunday, I need to type up Lila's talk now :) Yeah Superbowl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My gosh...love the pictures and the gift! What a great idea to put a nice basket like that together. And the food looks delicious. Amazing that you have time to do this my friend. Just amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OHh seriously that trifle looks amazing. How lovely to have special friends like these - I almost have tears in my eyes reading what you said ;-) Happy Birthday to your lovely friend,
    Axx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those look delicious. I think the muffins look especially tempting.

    I hope you had a wonderful time at the party...now to read part II.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great friendships truly make the world go round!! LOOK AT ALL THE YUMMY FOOD!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. YOU MADE MY BIRTHDAY INCREDIBLE! I love you to peices!!! Can't get enough of Shaun!!!!

    ReplyDelete