
The girls are always "moved" to dance around ("like fairies," according to Georgia), the temple grounds whenever they visit. The temple is a majestic and peaceful place. The kids love it here.
We did not bring our baby boy. And I'm glad because it was 39 degrees here at the Oakland Temple!!! It was soooo cold!
We always include a trip to Fentons Ice creamery when we come to the temple at Christmas time.
The temple at Christmas time is our favorite family tradition. It's a place to go for peace and reflection on our Savior. I love being at the temple with our whole family. I have hope that one day Kirk and I will be able to go to the temple with all of our children, grown, with their own families. The kids love it at the temple. There is a very special spirit at the temple and all who visit here feel it, it's wonderful.
While getting ready for bed this evening my oldest son said that he has a dream every year where Christmas doesn't come. I smiled and said, "well you never have to worry because Christmas will always come, with or without gifts." However, there is always a gift. The best gift of all. The Savior. His redeeming love and atoning sacrifice for all of us.
I have been so touched by all of the blog posts that have reflected on the recent tragic event in this country. God help our fellow Americans who need him so, during this blessed Christmas season.
Merry Christmas.

While getting ready for bed this evening my oldest son said that he has a dream every year where Christmas doesn't come. I smiled and said, "well you never have to worry because Christmas will always come, with or without gifts." However, there is always a gift. The best gift of all. The Savior. His redeeming love and atoning sacrifice for all of us.
I have been so touched by all of the blog posts that have reflected on the recent tragic event in this country. God help our fellow Americans who need him so, during this blessed Christmas season.
Merry Christmas.

Yummy! They don't decorate the Atlanta temple.
ReplyDeleteSo fun. What a wonderful tradition for your family, especially the ice cream :) It's getting so chilly here too, but I love it, just bundle up and your good to go. Can you even believe how close Christmas is? I am beyond excited to see the kids react to all of their wonderful gifts. Haven't got your Christmas card yet, I am sure it will be my favorite, looking forward to it.
ReplyDeletehow fun! and nice you live by a temple with grounds!! I loved all the pictures. even though we are lucky to be about 20 minutes from the Seattle Temple, it has no grounds, and no Christmas lights. hope you have a great Christmas!
ReplyDeletemajestic and peaceful. Perfect description of the temple grounds. :) Love your blog.
ReplyDeleteHi Shauna, what a great post - so much fun. I absolutely adore the last picture of the kids sleeping on the way home in the car. That equals a fab day right - tired and happy children.
ReplyDeleteHave a lovely weekend -
A ❤❤
The Temple is just beautiful. I can see why you would all enjoy it so much. Of course ending the evening with ice cream has got to be a huge win for the kids (big and little). I love the traditions that you are continuing and I hope you are able to see your dream of taking your kids and their kids to the temple.
ReplyDeleteYou have a gorgeous family and I wish you all a very Merry Christmas...because you are right it comes no matter what.
Truly looks like a very magical place!!!
ReplyDeleteShauna, what a special night to share with your family. This is such a perfect Christmas tradition and I have no doubt that your children will someday love to come together with the rest of the clan to continue it. You should also know that I am extremely jealous of people who live in places where you can decorate palm trees. That is just wild!
ReplyDeleteI hope that you all have a blessed Christmas more than anything. I will smile when I sit down to dinner with my family tomorrow night, knowing that all of you on the other side of the country are doing the same.
XOXOXOXOXO
Kat
Season's Greetings, Shauna. Thank you for all the love and good wishes. Thinking of you.
ReplyDeletei went to a temple once, when it was just built, so i can only imagine how glorious it would be at christmas. wishing you and your famil a wonderful christmas full of love!
ReplyDelete39 degrees! Crazy temps in our state these days. Love the pictures, love the tradition Shuana.
ReplyDeleteHappy Holidays to all of you!
HAPPY NEW YEAR to all of you,
ReplyDeleteAxxx
Looks really nice, sounds like a great tradition! Hope you´ve gotten a fantastic start of the New Year! :-)
ReplyDeleteLooks like you had a lovely trip, Happy New Year to everyone!
ReplyDelete