Saturday, December 1st, my second son and third child was baptized into The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. It was a great day.
Reece asked me, his mom, to give the talk on Baptismal Covenants, he asked his sister Gwyneth to give the talk on the Holy Ghost, his dad baptized him and his oldest brother played the opening and closing hymns as well as the prelude music in between while Reece and Kirk were changing their clothing. Kalen opened with "I Stand All Amazed" and closed with "I Am a Child of God."
Reece asked me, his mom, to give the talk on Baptismal Covenants, he asked his sister Gwyneth to give the talk on the Holy Ghost, his dad baptized him and his oldest brother played the opening and closing hymns as well as the prelude music in between while Reece and Kirk were changing their clothing. Kalen opened with "I Stand All Amazed" and closed with "I Am a Child of God."
Can you believe this? For those of you who don't know I am a convert to this church. My husband, but just a friend at the time, baptized me. That's me on the very left with Kirk. Today, he has baptized me, his oldest son Kalen, oldest daughter Gwyneth, and as of late his second son, Reece.
Kirk was also baptized in this same church building at 8 years old, because this is the ward he grew up in. So, we've all been baptized in the same baptismal font!!!!! It's awesome!!!!
Kirk was also baptized in this same church building at 8 years old, because this is the ward he grew up in. So, we've all been baptized in the same baptismal font!!!!! It's awesome!!!!
Kirk's mom and dad, Ken and Lesly Klippel. The lovely angels that they are, were there to support Reece. They gave the opening and closing prayers.
Gwyneth, preparing for her talk ahead of time. She also put together this cute activity for the younger kids who came to support Reece. It was a fill in the blank scripture chain.
This is Reece's primary president. In our church everyone receives a calling. You may be called to teach a particular age group in Sunday School, or you may be called to teach the women in Relief Society or you may be called to this position as primary president. No one in our church is paid for their callings.
The primary president is a huge calling. She oversees all of the children,which in our primary, there are close to 100. It's huge. It's very demanding, it takes a lot of preparation, time and devotion, on top of her normal busy life being a stay at home mother. We love her and are thankful for her service to all of our children.
The primary president is a huge calling. She oversees all of the children,which in our primary, there are close to 100. It's huge. It's very demanding, it takes a lot of preparation, time and devotion, on top of her normal busy life being a stay at home mother. We love her and are thankful for her service to all of our children.
This is a look back at Gwyneth's baptism. It was unique in that she was able to get baptized with her soul mate, Lily VanTuyl. Their birthdays are two weeks apart. They were baptized on January 1st, 2011 to ring in the New Year!
This is my dear friend Amber, Lily's mom. She's an amazing woman. She's incredibly intelligent, and talented and also home schools her children.
It's a good thing we like each other since our daughters are attached at the hip. We love their family.
It's a good thing we like each other since our daughters are attached at the hip. We love their family.
Becoming a member of The Church of Jesus Christ is the best thing that has ever happened to me. Sometimes I say, "I don't know where I would be right now if I hadn't found this church." And sometimes people will say, "Oh, you would have been fine." But, the truth is that I wouldn't have been fine. I wasn't doing good things, I wasn't in a good place and I didn't feel lost at the time, but looking back I was very lost...lost to this world. I feel like I have been found. I feel like I am in a position to realize my full potential as a daughter of my Heavenly Father. I thank God every day that this is my life. That my children are being raised with purpose, true love, and a sense of devotion to their Savior. And that together with the man that I married in the Temple, we are raising this family in hard times and good times. I have all I could ever want. And I love my life.
Congratulations to Reece, we all love you so much. And we are so pleased that you have made this decision to be baptized.
Congratulations to Reece, we all love you so much. And we are so pleased that you have made this decision to be baptized.





Congratulations! How fun to be baptized in the same place as your husband and for your children too!
ReplyDeleteAwesome! What a great family tradition! Love all the pictures! Congratulations Reese!
ReplyDeleteYes, November blogging was fun. I will surely be blogging at least three times a month! Love you Shauna and love keeping up with you, through your blog.
That is so great that you were all baptized in the same font. Glenn & I might have been, who knows, so far the girls have been baptized in the same font and I am sure Ethan will be as well. What lovely pictures. I always feel like I am in such a rush that I maybe get in a few so-so ones. I think it's because both times I did a huge dinner afterwards and am chomping at the bit to get home and make everything ready for guests.
ReplyDeleteI loved your last sincere paragraph at the end. I am so glad you found the gospel and were baptized too, love you.
I got Ethan a razor scooter (at the garage sale). It has blue accents (but I would have gone for pink as well, not sure he would have liked that :) ) Glenn already got him a skateboard but I am not really sure how excited Ethan will be about it. I also want to get him a soccer ball, and at Toys R Us I got him 2 Lego boards, a regular sized one and a jumbo one. I am done with Lila, she is so easy.
I have nothing for Emry. She wants a crazy expensive GoPro video camera. Does Kirk know anything about them? I can just see Glenn waiting until Christmas Eve and then just giving in and rushing to Best Buy to get it for her :) He says it's too expensive but we all know what a pushover he is when it comes right down to it.
Lila for sure is the fun one to buy for because she's my twin in every way. I can feel what she will feel when she see's it because I want it too!!!! She is getting a dresser for Caroline (Target) and Glenn is making Caroline a canopy bed and my mom is going to help me make the bedding for it. I also picked up a beauty chair on a whim at the Goodwill. Her friend has one for her doll and it wasn't planned but I couldn't pass up the good deal.
Gotta go make cookies for mutual tonight. How is Kalen liking YM's? talk soon.....love you
Shauna, this made my heart swell for all of you. What a special day and what a wonderful way to incorporate so many loved ones. As per the usual, I absolutely loved the little photo safari of your family that you brought us on. The pictures of you on your Baptism day were especially poignant.
ReplyDeleteAnd, once more, Congratulations to Reece!
XOXOXOXOXO
I just love your family and the fact that Kalen played the piano and Gweneth made an activity for the young kids. You guys are amazing. p.s. I am already having withdrawals now that November is over. I miss the daily blogging!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful post Shauna and what a lovely family you have. Congrats to Reece :)
ReplyDeleteHugs from a snow covered daneland:))
Ax
i feel very blessed to have a diverse religious family. i have Mormon, Catholic, and Jewish family, while I attended Baptist and Methodist churches (currently non-denom). i love learning the traditions of all! thanks for sharing yours!
ReplyDeleteThat is so neat that you all have been baptized in the same font! What special meaning. I didn't know you were a convert. I liked seeing all these photos of the evolution of your family coming unto Christ.
ReplyDeleteWhat a fantastic history to have the whole family (well eventually) baptized in the same font.
ReplyDeleteI love reading about how thing work in your church as I know no one near me who is LDS. Thanks for sharing it seems to be you have found a true blessing.
Congratulations beautiful Reece! What a special story of baptism...I loved reading about Reece and the others in your family that were baptised. I especially like that Reece's day was truly a FAMILY affair! How wonderful for so many to partake in special ways.
ReplyDeleteI enjoy reading about your path and journey as a Mormon. I was raised in the Baptist church and my baptism at age 13 was a defining moment in my life, one that I think of and reflect on often. We are now members of the Methodist church and I can't wait to assist Hudson in his walk with the Lord.