Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Night lights...

Every year we take the kids around the town to see the various Christmas lights.  We stop at Starbucks first for some dollor hot chocolate and off we went.
 

We saw some lights locally and then took them to Vasona Park where they have a light expose. 
This year they gave the kids these glasses.  When you looked through them the lights turned into snowmen and Santa Claus'.
 
 
 
 
When we rolled down the window for the dinasours there were sound effects, making it sound like you were in a swampy place filled with animal sounds.  It was great, but Shane freaked out, so up the window went.
 
 
 
The festivities are so fun during this time.  I love doing these things together every year.  It brings so much joy.
 
Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

  1. oh, your kids are lovely ;)

    santiroyalhome.blohspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so cute that Shane freaked out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It has been so DANG busy here we haven't yet looked at lights, maybe next week. I remember looking at the lights long ago at Vasona, so fun for you all, tons of hugs from me to all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful lights Shauna! I've missed so much on your lovely blog! Big apologies for not writing to you sooner...I've been thinking of you often, too! November was a bit rough for us with the whole family passing around a yucky virus...we just couldn't seem to liven up. But so far December is wonderful and we are all on the mend and filled with holiday spirit! ;)

    We have a place here (actually, the botanical gardens where we were married) that does a light display like this...I think we'll go through there this weekend! :D

    Merry Christmas dear friend...I can't wait to catch up on you posts. Lots of love!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun! We have a place like this about an hour from here! When do you find time to do all these fun activities. I have a question for you. What do you do with the yonger children when you are trying to school the older kids. Addy is being such a pill. She wants to be right in the middle of Roman's homework an I have tried just abot everything. Yesterday, I even gave her a book and crayons but it wasn't enough she wanted his book. Needless to say his homework was very messy because Addy kept trying to get his book away from him. The older kids are capable of doing their work on their own, but Roman needs help with the directions. You amaze me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Christmas lights, they just put you in a good holiday spirit.

    Those glasses are pretty nifty, I have never seen anything quite like it :)

    Have a great Wednesday Shauna!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shauna! This is such a phenomenally fun idea - I especially adore that y'all stop for Hot Cocoa before-hand!

    I was at a bachelorette party this weekend and we went to go look at lights - honestly, we mostly failed at it (probably because driving around on freeways does not a light-spectacular make). But we did see one of those houses that times their lights to the Trans-Siberian Orchestra and it was SO WILD!

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to go do that. Fun date idea!

    I just found your blog--how do you have time to blog when you homeschool 6 kids?? Supermom.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shauna, such a great festive post. I love Christmas lights.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW wish we had light displays like these - here everything is very subtle Black & white& wood:)
    Happy weekend Shauna,
    Ax

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous pictures. But really I'm fixated on Jane's comment above...I too want to know how you have the time and energy to blog when you have so much going on? So impressed. :)

    Hope you had a great weekend my friend.

    ReplyDelete