Tuesday, January 08, 2013

Christmas times five...

Hello friends and family!!!  I know it's time to start blogging again when my sweet blogging friends are contacting me by email wondering if everything is okay....and I'm happy to report everything is great!

 We had a wonderful Christmas.  I haven't blogged in awhile mainly because I have had family staying in my home for two weeks and I got sick during the break. But, we have had so much fun.  We went on trips, we lounged around, we played games and the list goes on.  My sister in law Kerri was here with her family for about two weeks, which was so fun.  She's one of my best friends and I love having her in my home.  And, my kids love their cousin Kaitlyn.

I always make a big breakfast on Christmas morning and we eat before opening presents.  The kids open their stockings before, of course.

 
Georgia found wings for her and Santa got Shane the cutest gift ever!!!  He got a dress up box for boys.  It has a pirate, barbarian, knight, and wizard dress up in the box.  It's so awesome.  Now he can stop wearing his sisters' fairy costumes everywhere.... :)
 
This is a tower of the games our children got total.  We are a gaming family for sure.  The very bottom game is "Ticket to Ride."  It is my FAVORITE.  Can I win? No.  Have I ever won?  No.  Does my husband always win?  Yes.  He always wins everything.  Actually my sister in law won twice.  We played it every night for two weeks.
 
Playing their games on Christmas day.
 
Georgia and Summer got a cash register and shopping cart.  They love it.
 
When you have a small space one has to get creative.  I got my husband the best Christmas present ever, I must say.  He loves Ping Pong.  I found a net that stretches across the table and clamps to it.  It came with the net, the paddles and balls, for $13.00.  They all love it.
 
More gaming.  My niece Kaitlyn got a game called "Headbands."  Basically it's twenty questions and you have to guess the topic on your head.  It's really fun.
 
 
If I am ever asleep any time other than at night in my bed, it gets documented.  Because it is a phenomenon, I never nap, I"m always on the go, but this Christmas day I was down for the count and it felt so goooooood.

We have had such a great break.  We are back to the grind and the routine is here again.  I love it.  I love the break but I love the routine again.  We had so much fun with our family.   I called this post Christmas times five because I have four more posts ready to go and I will be posting them one after another.  So stay tuned.......
 
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

  1. What did Kalen get for christmas?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are ok and that you had a fantastic Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay! I'm so glad you finally posted. it's 11 pm and I just cleaned up a ton of throw up. Jake threw up in his bed and is now watching a movie on the couch so checking your blog is my reward. we've all had the flu!! yuck... anyways. we got ticket to ride too!! I LOVE it so much. I've wanted it for years, but it's kind of expensive. that's a huge stack of games!! we also got frog juice and sleeping queens. I've never heard of most of the others in your pile. I'd love to hear how you guys like them. Jacob's favorite is sleeping queens. perfect for his age. he plays it every day. I don't love Frog juice. but I've only played once and it was really confusing. I need to play a few more times and maybe I"ll get the hang of it. I like how in sleeping queens and frog juice you can do simple math--that's great practice for Jake. and above your couch, how you have the 8 pictures of all of you? love.love . love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By far, kids favorite is Castle Panic. It's a cooperative game, so you have work together instead of against each other. It has been great to watch them work together instead of fight. Monopoly deal is an all time favorite around here and the adults love Ticket to Ride. The younger kids don't have the patience for it. Loot is Kirk's favorite one, I haven't played it yet.

      Delete
  4. OHH Shauna your Xmas looks fab, cozy and so much fun. We love playing games too, it brings the family together in such a nice way. At the moment we are guessing animals at dinner - so one can only answer yes / no - it's fun and they learn something from it I think, sometimes we learn too - some of the animals are rather fun and made up:))
    Take care and thanks for the lovely comments on my blog. I too am so happy to have 'met you' :)
    Axx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Emry just walked in and told me that she posed the question above, hmmmmm, I don't like people stealing my identity! This is the cutest, I almost feel like I am right there with you, I am certain it was a warm, jolly and merry time for all.

    I have been thinking all day about visiting you during the summer, I can't wait! Okay I guess I should slow down and enjoy the next 5 months, but I miss my Shauna and all her darling little duckies. Hope you are back to 100%. Although I hope you're not because I envy your energy, please send some my way. 40 is this year and it's looking a little tired :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry that you got sick over the holidays. How nice though to have plenty of family around to help out.

    It looks like you all had such a fabulous time and the games are something I am going to have to look into, I've never heard of "Ticket to Ride."

    Glad to have you back and blogging Shauna :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Shauna,

    I so love the idea of a boy dress-up box. I'm sure that he loved the costumes in there! How fun. :)

    For some reason, I think that Christmas breakfast is a particularly special meal. I know that it is 100% my favorite holiday meal of the year - probably because it's so fancy, but so low-key.

    XOXOXO
    Kat

    p.s. When I nap on couches, I always end up drooling on myself. How mortifying, I know! Why? I have no idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. loved seeing the pics of christmas! i don't think i could have waited until after breakfast to open my presents!! haha

    ReplyDelete