Sunday, January 20, 2013

Happy Birthday Summer Ann!!!!!

Summer is our youngest daughter, she is number six and she just turned two.  I had this grand vision of doing a photo shoot with these balloons, but she ripped them right off of her wrist, tightly knotted and everything, about five minutes after we got to the park.  This gives a glimpse into her personality.
 
 
Summer was born our smallest baby at 6lbs 4oz.  This is significantly smaller than our other babies.  But, guess what?  She has a seriously BIG personality, so whatever she lacked, she's made up just fine.


She began talking at about sixteen months.  She loooooves to say "Thank You Mommy," and she loves to say Georgie, which she is referring to her sister Georgia.   
She loooooves the swing...
 
 
Loves it....
 
 
 
 
And loves it some more.
 

On the home font Summer cracks everybody up.  Mostly she hangs out with Shane and Georgia.  It's interesting to see the dynamics in a large family.  She is part of the second bunch of kids for sure.
 
Our children's favorite place is our bed.  They come in every morning and cuddle with us.  And wrestle, and jump and get wild on the bed too....
 
I love having Summer in our family.  She is hard work, bless her heart, she is for sure the busiest child I've ever had.   But, she has so much to say, to do it makes for an adventure everyday.
 
Some cute things about Summer:

-When I open the fridge she immediately pulls out the Tabasco sauce and says, "Ooowieeeee."  (she says this because one day she tried to open the bottle and I said, "no Summer, that's owies.")

-She loves to sing I am a child of God

-She loves babies.  She comes to me all day long and wants me to wrap her babies the way I swaddle her baby brother, William...

-She looooooves William.  Sometimes too much, but that's life I guess, sorry Will.

-She has a collection of faces.  She's super funny and she mimics everything.

-The other day she said, "Georgia, gim me choc it, I need it."  Translated, "Georgia, give me chocolate."  Yeah, we all need it Summer... :)

-She looks like my mom when my mom was little.
 
 
 
 
Summer's favorite foods are Avocado, any vegetables, fruits and cheese.  She's not a big meat eater and she recently discovered chocolate.
 
Here is the crew.  Early one morning they were just laying together in my bed.  I sometimes can't believe my life.  How did we have all of these sweet children?  I feel so blessed to have them and when I see them together like this, I want to take a zillion pictures so I will never forget these sweet moments.

It is so different having a two year old that is number six, verses a two year old as a first or second child.  It's so much more enjoyable to be honest.  This morning Kirk had meetings at church and I walked down stairs to start getting lunch ready and Summer came walking in all dressed for church.  Tights, shoes, cardigan over her dress and all.  Guess who dressed her?   Georgia.  Bless that child, she is going to be the best mom and she loves Summer so much.  I have so much help and I always let them know how much I appreciate their effort to serve me, their loving mother.

Being a mother is hard.  It's full of second guesses, character adjustments on our parts, mishaps, and worries.  But, it's worth the effort, the hard work, the teaching the guiding and the LEARNING.  Boy, have I learned so much about myself, what I'm capable of, what I need help with.  I thank God every day for his guidance to raise good, healthy and happy children.

So, with Summer being my sixth baby, I can relax a little more.  I love her so much.  She adds so much flare, and fun to our family.   And she loves me too.  She is attached to my hip, which I don't mind because soon she won't be.  She'll get big, and those days will be a memory.  Today, what I love most is Summer.
 

10 comments:

  1. I love having Summer in nursery--she has such a fun, sweet personality. She's always very concerned when one of the "babies" (one of the younger kids) is crying. And she's not shy about giving out the hugs. So sweet. Happy birthday, Summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shauna! Thank you for stopping by blog. It was much appreciated :)

    Send a birthday wish to Summer for me!

    xx
    Nike O.

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy birthday summer! she is so cute, I wish I knew her. wish my kids liked avacados!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the photos were you are catching the sun flare behind her! She looks just like her biggest sister ! Happy Birthday summer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful little girl.

    Shauna you and Kirk are indeed quite blessed and it is just the highlight of my day when I can read an inspirational post from you (which is why I commented all through November :)!

    I finally wrote another post today, and I know I have got to get back on track, because I enjoy my interactions with you (my fellow bloggers) so much.

    I hope you have a wonderful and blessed day. Until next time friend :)

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful girl - Happy Birthday!!!!!! QQQ

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank you so much for stopping by and for your sweet comment!! your encouragement is much appreciated. you have a beautiful blog, and i am loving these snippets of your family. happy birthday to your daughter! looking forward to reading more :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet post. I really got to know her personality through this post, she's a live one heh? And I love how you prefaced her antics with "bless her heart" that's always a dead giveaway someone's up to no good :) Love you and all your darling kiddos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this post. I love my niece. I love the pics. I love the loving words. I love you. Oh, did I mention that I love this post?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Shauna - OH what adorable images of lovely Summer and her balloons. You do take some amazing shots, so you should be proud of that. The one of Summer on the swing is my favorite, with the light peering through. What a lovely little lady.
    She sounds and looks so cute - Happy Birthday sweetheart.

    And Shauna I'm sorry I haven't been visiting many blogs a lot lately, the course I am taking is keeping me rather busy learning new stuff, but I'm always here in my mind:)
    Take care and yes it is 9.08 am here now, and you are probably in bed. :O)
    Axx

    ReplyDelete