Today we found out what kind of baby we are having!.....that's me giving our party an explanation of what they're seeing on the ultra sound machine. Ya know since I've done this so many times, I think I could have done my own ultra sound. :)
This ultra sound technician, Kevin, has been telling us the gender of our babies since Kalen. He's great, I"ve known him now for a long time.
Who looks happiest in this picture the girls or the boys? Well, kind of tricky to say since my mom looks super happy....
And there you have it. A boy!!!! Can you believe this? If your wondering why I'm asking this, it's because this is our gender pattern: boy, girl, boy, girl, boy, girl, boy. Who do you know like this? I mean lots of people have big families, but with this pattern? I think we might be eligible for some sort of record out there. Mabye? :)
After we got home, my mom made us Mexican Meatball Sub Sandwiches courtesy of Val at ValSoCal. She has a great food blog. My mom is in love with her blog and is always saying, "that Val is trouble." That's a compliment, by the way.
We had the sandwiches with watermelon. They were great. Half of my kids really liked them, half didn't but they know the rule...they eat what is served. Especially if there is ice cream for dessert!
Tums (Summer) was included in the half of kids that did like the meatball sandwiches. Her mouth is stuffed with one below. Tumsy you're the best eater ever!
I have this great, pink cuisineart ice cream scoop that my mom loved. After my mom said how much she loved the ice cream scoop, my daughter Gwyneth turned around and said, "yeah, it's a good one but we never get to use it because my mom never buys ice cream." Hahaha. Nope, I don't. So I hope you kids enjoyed it.
I'm happy to have another boy. I thought it was a girl, maybe hoping because I've never had a boy and boy or girl and girl together. I thought it would be fun for Summer to have a sister right after her. But, that's not what was in store. We're super happy and the boys have "won," so they say....


Maybe one more is in the future to complete the pattern.
ReplyDeleteI looked at my husband and said, "no more cute dresses, shoes or pretty hair flowers...maybe there is another girl? To which he replied, "I knew that was coming." Haha. Well, we would need to come into a lot more money, a bigger house and soon, to have more, it just comes down to this. And it's not a lack of faith, it's just reality. Know what I mean? :)
DeleteTake care,
Shauna
Yay, a boy!!! I love the pattern. I have 2 boys and 2 girls. My oldest is a girl and we have the boys in the middle and the little princess was the last. Your mom is amazing. It warms my heart that she likes my blog. I could go for some of those meatballs right now.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on another boy. I thought it was a girl for sure, but then again I am always wrong :) I guess you will just have to get all the bows and pink out of your system with Summer, & yourself of course. Love you Shauna, can't wait to see the Klippel's 'Party of 9' in action!!!
ReplyDeleteOh & if your kids want ice cream just send em' over to the Wallworks, it seems to always be here. You know, cause dairy is essential to bone growth and everything :)
ReplyDeleteOf course Marie, essential for sure. Though they get enough yogurt to get their fill of calcium for a week in just one day the way they eat it. It's actually too much, I might stop buying it for awhile. Thira keeps telling me to make my own and how easy it is...we'll see. :) Love you,
DeleteShauna
congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited for you. and I was guessing girl too, for some reason. I love that all the kids got to come to your ultrasound and that you got those pictures. any boy names yet? my cousin is naming her boy either Cash or Crew. please don't name your baby either of those!!! :)
ReplyDeleteDon't you worry we will not be naming our son either of those. We almost named Shane, William. We are thinking of naming him William Patrick Klippel. My dad's name is Patrick. And we would call him Will. I think Will is a great name. We'll see..Love,
DeleteShauna
A record for sure! Matt's family had a boy, girl pattern, but they stopped at six so you have them beat. Those pictures of the kids watching are super fun and funny!Congrats!
ReplyDeleteJulie, that's pretty close though. If we're just beating them by one then we probably don't hold any sort of record. Hahaha. :)
ReplyDeleteYes, thanks, I'm glad we were able to get these pictures. Do you know we've never taken any of the kids to see the ultra sound? I don't know why just haven't so I really wanted to make this special. I hope you are doing well, thinking of you-
Shauna
Congrats!!! So excited for you are your family.
ReplyDeleteCongrats! Thought for sure you'd have a girl because there's no way y'all would have that good of luck! Glad I'm wrongs, y'all need to contact the news!
ReplyDeleteElle, you're right who should I call? You're the famous one here, I wouldn't even know where to start!! hahahaha. Take good care,
DeleteShauna
Oh, Shauna! A darling boy - how wonderful! Your merry little band in the ultrasound room was such a sweet sight.
ReplyDeleteI feel like I should be having some sort of satellite gender reveal party here in Minneapolis or something. Alas, I ate pink Peeps tonight, so that was probably not In The Spirit Of Things.
See also: I just read the sub recipe and thought "Hmmm...these sound sort of familiar" and realized it was from the Food Network and I actioned them a few weeks ago! They're just phenomenal - I adore that we're feasting on the same things in our kitchen!
Those sandwiches were good. Normally we don't eat ground beef here or ground pork, but my mom got the meat from Whole Foods, which is fine once in awhile.
DeleteYou're so funny, you always crack me up-love your comments!
Shauna
When we where hiking & you were going on about a girl, I knew it was going to be a boy. Sorry, I didn't have the heart to tell you what I thought.
ReplyDeleteAwesome!!!!!!! I Love it. You make such cute boy. OK, you make gorgeous girls, too.
That's so funny, my mom too. On the day she got here she said, "Sorry, but it's a boy." We're really happy we started with a boy and we'll end with a boy. The circle is complete- love and miss you,
DeleteShauna
Congratulations! I love that you also find out the baby's gender...I am always so confused by those who wait! I guess it's the Type-A in me who has to know everything ASAP.
ReplyDeleteI'd love to hear the names you have in mind? That was my favorite part of having a baby. LOL.
What?!? You're expecting?!?! How did I miss this?!?!?! Am I reading the right blog?>>>> I feel so stunned! And elated with joy! Congratulations! I don't know how you are doing it! It can't be easy being pregnant (nauseous and tired) and still running your household! You are my new hero. CONGRATS MY DEAR.
ReplyDeleteYay! Congrats!! And what a lovely pattern! In my family it went girl, girl, boy, boy, girl. I'm kinda hoping for the same gender back to back, but obviously I will be thrilled if I get a little man in my life!
ReplyDeleteCongrats! I am so happy for you. I am sure Grandma told you, but we are having a boy as well. How fun that they will have each other to get into trouble with at Tahoe in the years to come.
ReplyDelete