Thursday, April 12, 2012

Last but not least...


A long time ago we were a little family of three.

This baby came to us, but he's more like a young man these days.

Gwyneth, my first precious daughter came to us and these two had each other.
Reece, my second son and third baby came to make a bundle of three children and a bundle of joy he is.
 Two sons and two daughters.
My second daughter with the heart of gold came fourth in line.
And number five in line is Shane.  He's our third son and our favorite (it's okay the other kids know and come to find, he's their favorite too, so it works out great....haha) and I'm sure at this point you've notice that the pattern is boy, girl, boy, girl, boy which means.....
Shane's our third Son and our Favorite.
our next baby was no doubt a girl.  The girl baby Summer.  She's something to reckon with and nobody is stopping her from her "big plans."  Do you see her face in the picture below?  Why, she's planning something at that very moment, even Georgia is pointing it out!

She's planning something at this very moment, even Georgia is pointing it out!
Low and Behold...we are having our seventh baby.  SEVENTH.  Yes, it's a lot of babies, a lot of mouths to feed, a lot of diapers, crying and a lot of college tuition. :) But, it's also a lot of love, a lot of fun,  a lot of laughter, a lot of cuddling, family time, and a lot bonding.   We are more than happy to have one more little one join our big family.
And whoever this baby might be will be our last.  This is a hard decision to make but it has to be made at some point and so now it is.  I'm ready to be done with nap schedules and diapers and well, those things that come with babies as precious as they are. And my husband is ready to stop opening up one more savings account for college tuition.  Don't blame you honey.  

I've been having babies for what will be twelve years.  It's time.  Time for a different season.  So, here I am sitting on my, oh so gorgeous porch, not really, in my favorite Easter dress at seventeen weeks pregnant.  Yep, I'm almost halfway (I'm now eighteen weeks).  

I guess the only question to remain is whether this baby will keep with the pattern of boy, girl, boy, girl, boy, girl...?  We'll find out next week, so stay tuned.  The due date?  September 14th, 2012.

I will look back on this picture when I'm huge, because I will be (I've done this a lot now), so I can remember what it's like to be "me."
P.S.  I love my new blog design and all the credit goes to my husband who is always finding ways to please me.  I love you Kirk, thank you.  This looks simple but it wasn't.  Unlike most of you my husband started our blog and named it The Klippels Rug Rats and Hooligans six years ago in hopes that I would take over.  It took me a long time but I finally did.  I renamed it "What I love" because my husband came up with it.  I participated in last Novembers "National Blog Month" and took the challenge to post something everyday.  I did meet the challenge and the theme for that month was "What I Love Most."  I think "What I Love" is a very appropriate name for my blog because I write about the things I love, which are of course my family, friends, life and more.  There are a few more things to add, and I will make it complete in just a few days. 

Take care,
Shauna

26 comments:

  1. Congratulations! You are so brave...an even or not SEVEN! I can't wait to see if the pattern is altered!

    Will you all fit in the same vehicle? That's my biggest question. ;-)

    You look amazing!

    Love this post with adding each child to the picture. And then the announcement. So cute!

    Also, Love your new blog design. Looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Becky! I love your new design too. It's bright and happy like you. Good to hear from you! Can't wait to hear the news!

      Shauna

      Delete
  2. Congratulations! I am so excited for you and even a little jealous! I would love to have another baby, but I can't. Also, Love, Love your new blog design. So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. Thanks for being excited regardless. I love the design too. It's so fun to look at!

      Shauna

      Delete
  3. Whaaatt??!! Congratulations! That is wonderful news! Your kids are the darlingest and I, too, love the photo series in this post and the new blog design. Especially the new blog design with its sleek, streamlined look. I'm getting so bored with the look of our blog and have been thinking of changing it up a little and this gives me a little motivation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's shocking I know. Seven kids is a lot of kids. Thanks for the complements about the children. They do look cute in this post. Take care,

      Shauna

      Delete
  4. congrats, sweetheart!! i can't wait to see what this bundle will be!! love the new design, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait either, actually I really can. It's going to be crazy town around here with this many but they grow quickly... :)

      Shauna

      Delete
  5. My long comment just disappeared! So frustrating!

    Anyway, congratulations! I am so thrilled for you! I can't believe how calm you are about the whole parenting thing...really, I just learn so much from you all the time.

    #7 is a lucky kid already to have such a fabulous mother!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm bummed about your long comment. I know I would have loved it because I love this one. Thank you for saying this. It means a lot and I'm glad I can be of some help sometimes. I feel the same about you. Your honesty is courageous and it makes me think that you are who you are and there are no apologies, that's what I learn from you. I sometimes need to be more like this. I love this about you. Take care Ameena, my friend! Happy weekend, there's nothing better!

      Shauna

      Delete
  6. Congratulations. I wonder what T. Skornia would have said.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I wonder? He was very kind. Love to hear from you! Take care, Shauna

      Delete
  7. PS. I bet he would have offered to pay for one of the college educations. He was like that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look like an angel in your sweet Easter dress. And of course I love all the pics with the kids, but where's Kirk? You just have to grab a neighbor kid to take the photos :)

    Congrats on your new design, so charming just like Shauna. I am so happy for you because it's nice to have our little blog that represents us truly represent our style. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marie, I love you. I know, where is Kirk? I'm going to try and change that, somehow.

      Alright, there will only be so much walking Brutus as a means of partying dear...Yogurt Land-yes, maybe everyday were together, accept the Sabbath of course, but good ol' Brute is going to have to take a backseat for a few days. (totally teasing, I just can't resist teasing you about your "love.") Hahahahaha

      I love the design too! My husband is awesome! Love always,

      Shauna

      Delete
  9. love the new blog design. good job Kirk! and so excited for #7. really sweet pictures of all the kids. I loved how you did this post. it's perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jill, I love you. And miss you and think about you all the time. Wishing we were together again,

      Shauna

      Delete
  10. What the heck?!? CONGRATULATIONS! I hope it's a girl because then my girl can be friends with your girl. :) Of course, if it's a boy, my girl can marry your boy. Younger men are all the rage, I've heard. Ha! Only 8 more days, Shauna! I can hardly wait to meet this little baby---and tie my shoes again! Congrats once more!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What the heck is right. You had your first three in three years and we're having our last three in three years. It's going to be crazy town around here for awhile, that's just a short season though right? Right. I'm hoping the best for you and glad we've connected. But, I need your family blog too. I mentioned it on this blog of your. Email me please. Take care and happy weekend,

      Shauna

      Delete
  11. I love Tane laying on your foot. I should have taken him with me when I had the chance.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I tried to comment on this post like a hundred times last night and Marcus' computer (which I really do believe was sent to test me) kept on navigating away from the page and eating the comment. It was A Moment of Distress.

    ANYWAY, what I wanted to say is that when I read your comment on my blog yesterday AM, I practically shrieked in bed! What blessed, wonderful news - there is absolutely no one I could be happier for! If this (Baby #7!) is in fact the "end" of this season, I hope that you are able to take a moment to enjoy all of the bittersweet lasts. I will be keeping you, baby and the rest of your sweet family in my prayers during this time.

    p.s. I LOVE the blog design. It is SO 11/10.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are so funny, "sent here to test me." I was dying. Kat, I'm so glad I've connected with you. It really is great that us women can feel friendship and bonds even though we've never met.

    I always love to hear from you. Your comments are always filled with truth and love, I'm sure fitting as to who you are.

    Yes, it's the last, I mean never say never but I'm ready to see everyone grow and to just be part of that from now on. I will try to enjoy everything. As a matter of fact I am going to document as much as I can, pictures of my belly the progression all of it so I have that for the future. And I've kept good track of how I've felt when I got sick when it stopped so my daughter's have this for their future. I think they might appreciate knowing what could be in store for them. Although their bodies could handle things very differently. Of course that's super far off for them, but just trying to be prepared. :)

    Thank you for your thoughts and prayers, they are much appreciated, as are you. Happy weekend, sweet friend,

    Shauna xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is SO amazing, wowsers and huge congrats! Will be exciting to see the gender! Will be fun to follow what happens! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks Tina! I'm really excited to hear what the gender will be. Soon. Take care and happy weekend,

    Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cangrats! So exciting, and we won't hold you to seven!

    ReplyDelete
  17. HOORAY!! more beautiful babies in the world! congrats! i am nervous about even trying for #2 let alone SEVEN! we are so ecited and happy for you!
    p.s. i love that you comment on my blog. SOMEONE reads it! much love, linds
    p.p.s. we are always trying to figure out a way to come up and visit people- i would love to meet more people who knew brad with hair- i know there are a lot of stories out there i haven’t heard!! someday…

    ReplyDelete