Sunday, April 08, 2012

It's Easter Time!!


Happy Easter!

These days it's really hard to get a shot of all six where they are all looking at the camera.  So here is the trade off, lots of candid shots and precious moments...
       

We had a great Sunday.  The children woke up to their baskets hidden, always a request of their's.  The Easter Bunny gave them books mostly and a hunt at grandma and grandpa's house.  Our dear friends, the Stepans came to visit us with some delicious homemade peanut butter, chocolate eggs...it's their tradition.  They bring them every Easter.  My children always look forward to it.

We ate Sunday dinner at Kirk's parents, across the street as usual.  She made a great dinner with ham, scalloped potatoes, yams, fruit salad and carrots.  For dessert it was a lemon cake with Vanilla ice cream.

After dinner we played Monopoly Deal which Kirk beat us at and a game of Rummikub.  Kirk's mom took the medal for that one.  It's been a great day, filled with more memories and love.  I wish all of our family could be together on these occasions.  Mom, dad, grandmas, grandpas, uncles and aunts....WE LOVE YOU TOO and think of you always on these special days!!!  
Posted by Picasa

22 comments:

  1. Even though I see tons of pics of your kids I still can't believe how big they are getting. How is this possible Shauna? They all look so fancy and cute in their Easter best. Lovely day, Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, they are getting big, and they look especially big in their Sunday best for sure. I love boys in their suits. They won't wear anything else to church, it's cute.

    I hope you all had a Happy Easter. No doubt filled with family and great food. Love you so much,

    Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your kiddos are beautiful and you seem to have had a great Easter, I´m glad for you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tina, so are your kiddos, especially with their beautifully colored hair!! Take care,

      Shauna

      Delete
  4. darling pictures!! I love seeing little kid all dressed up. loved Gwyneth's shoes. so cute. and summer seemed so big walking! happy easter!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't those shoes cute, I've had at least three moms ask me where I got those shoes. I got them at kids Gap for 9.99 on sale. Love to you and a happy week,

      Shauna

      Delete
  5. Fun! I love the idea of giving books in an Easter basket. That's way cooler than candy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the books work out well. They compensate for less candy. I also found most of their books at the Good Will. My son is into adventure stories, the non fiction kind, like scouts that have survived in the wilderness type stuff. So I was able to find this really interesting book on teenagers who train to climb Mt. Everest and their true stories. Fun huh? Take care,

      Shauna

      Delete
  6. I am just loving those Easter Ties sick! There's just something so serious and endearing about anyone under the age of 18 in a tie. A close runner-up would be that stellar pair of red ballet flats! If they came in adult sizes, I would want them in a heartbeat.

    I'm glad that you had such a blessed day surrounded by your family. It absolutely sounds like The Perfect Holiday to me.

    Have a wonderful week, lady!

    XO,
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kat-you're great. I relate to what you're saying about the boys and their suits. We get them their first suits around the time they are baptized, so age eight. They look so dapper. And the ballet flats are awesome. So cute, I just love them, and so does she of course.

      Take care friend,

      Shauna xo

      Delete
  7. I always like candids and precious moments best anyway. ;) They all look so beautiful in their Easter best! Sounds like the day was wonderful for all...kiddos and adults! I really need to pick up that Monopoly Deal game!!

    Wishing you all a wonderful week!! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did have a great time Ashley. I love Easter. It's such a peaceful holiday. A great time to reflect on blessings.

      Yes! Get Monopoly deal ASAP! You will love it! We play it all the time and it's so much fun. Take care and happy week to you too,

      Shauna xo

      Delete
  8. Your kids are DARLING! Love your blog. Newest reader!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Danielle! I love new readers. I love to make these connections-it's great. Take care,

      Shauna

      Delete
  9. I never thought to hide the baskets! I enjoyed seeing the pictures of your precious family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elle, I'm glad you enjoyed the post. I think it turned out really cute. Take care,

      Shauna

      Delete
  10. Your family is perfect! Just perfect. These photos could be out of an Easter advertisement. :)

    Dinner sounds great...I wish I had someone to cook for me like that! Especially the scalloped potatoes...which I love.

    Very cool way to arrange the photos Shauna...are you using a new photo software to do this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Ameena! It's funny you say that because just this morning I was telling my husband that this post looks like it could be out of an Easter catalogue, I'm happy with how it turned out.

      I am able to arrange the pictures this way through the program that I sort my pictures in -which is Picassa. I'm sure you've heard of this program. It has an option to "create collage" and it's very simple to implement. I really like this look, I'm going to use it more often just for a nice finished look.

      Thanks for the compliment. Tonight I am going to debut (being sarcastic there) my new blog design. I have been unhappy with my blog layout for awhile and since I use "blogger" I can't customize unless I have someone do it for me. So my sweet husband has spent the last three days programming a new blog for me. It's very simple but very me. So look out for it. Take care friend,

      Shauna

      Delete
  11. Such a beautiful family you have, Shauna!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kendra! I'm glad you visited, it makes me happy, because I love your blog. I try not to miss a post. It's just a happy blog, a pick me up! Take care,

      shauna

      Delete
  12. LOVE the candid shots! The kids look so beautiful and happy! Love the Easter ties and dresses! Love you Shauna.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love you too Becky!! Thank you!

      Take care,

      Shauna

      Delete