Saturday, December 27, 2014

A Happy Christmas 2014

There's no place like home for the holidays.  We had a wonderful Christmas filled with traditions, joy, family, good friends and the spirit of what this season really means. 

Kalen is looking at Gwyneth's favorite present.  She got a real Quill Pen, with two extra ink jars to dip into. 










This was my favorite gift of all.  My sister in law took the blog post I did of these two and made it into a book!  Now I can read this little fairy tale I wrote about teasing dragons, knights and princesses to my sweet kids.  


 Two days before Christmas we had our best friends, the Wallworks over for a BBQ.  We had a great time, as usual!



I can't believe I got them all in front of the tree and standing still...it didn't last long, I'm lucky I got this because then this happened...


...and suddenly they're all falling on each other...

Good times indeed with the best of friends and family is what Christmas is all about.  We went to my dad's for Christmas Eve dinner where he roasted us two ducks, made mashed Rutabaga, served with homemade stuffing, and fruit salad.  It was delicious!!  We got home a little late, put the kiddos to bed and waited for Santa... 

 Tonight we read our last Christmas book from under the tree and we also read the last of the Christmas story in Luke.  I reminded my children that Christmas is the great reminder of how we should live our lives all year long.  Merry Christmas from our family to yours. Love,

The Klippels

6 comments:

  1. that last pic was adorable!!! merry Christmas! We love you guys! a real quill ink set sounds so cool! my kids would love that

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a lovely christmas!!!!!!!!!! so glad you all had a wonderful time. love looking at all the pics, as always - there is always so much fun and joy in them all :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet present from your sister-in-law. Such a great idea! And quill pen. Brilliant. You are such a good gift giver!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pictures always warm my heart. I hope you and your family have the most amazing 2015.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just loving the joyful scenes from Christmas! What a thoughtful gift to have your fairy tale made into a book - that was the sweetest thing to see! I hope you're having a wonderful 2015 so far.

    ReplyDelete
  6. how wonderful! i always love seeing your family and wish the best for 2015!

    ReplyDelete