Welcoming another year of this sweet Christmas season with all of our precious traditions is so fun and memorable. We've been going to this same Christmas Tree farm for years now. I have to try and get different pictures every time we go.
I captured this picture of Gwyneth because she reminds me so much of my mom. Just in that she loves to be so festive. She had to have these Christmas tree earrings from the thrift store, just had to! My mom was also very festive. She loved the holidays.
Later that night...
All of our Christmas books were gathered and wrapped. They are then placed under the tree, where each night one of the children takes a turn to unwrap and then we read it. I love it, it's such a great tradition.
I let the kids do all of the wrapping, it may look a little crazy, but they like to do it and I love letting them take ownership of it.
This year I wanted a more vintage look to my tree so we strung popcorn and cranberries. I also dehydrated fruit in early November. It turned out great!
Gwyneth is becoming quite the photographing extraordinaire. These are her pictures, starting here.
(side note: the missing picture is a result of boys playing ball in the house. Naughty.) :)
This ends her little picture stream.
Below is our beautiful tree, and some of my favorite Christmas decorations.
Below is our beautiful tree, and some of my favorite Christmas decorations.







beautiful!!!! beautiful tree. loveeeee how the light glows through the dehydrated citrus slices. such a great idea!!!! :)
ReplyDeleteLove, Love Love all the pictures. We can't wait to be there with you. Sad that we missed cutting the tree with you. I guess our Thanksgiving wasn't perfect after all. :)
ReplyDeleteI knew we were kindred spirits! We have had dried oranges on our tree for years because while now I can afford ornaments from a store it was the only thing my husband and I could afford the first year we were married. I owned a couple of ornaments when we were first married, but my mom owned a dehydrating machine and she hydrated oranges for me to hang on my tree. When I was a child we use to string popcorn and cranberry garlands for our tree!! The photos are great! I love the photo of Gwyneth and the one of shane with his hands up to his mouth. The their is Miss Gwyneth's photos. Way to go! I so hope you have a lovely Merry Christmas!
ReplyDeleteIt truly is beautiful. I hope your kids are like mine and never decide they are too old to do things with their family. I think that will be my legacy. My children always want to be with us.
ReplyDeleteThat dehydrated fruit looks so pretty on your tree!! I love how the light shines through it. Mike's family always did cranberry and popcorn strands, so we've kept that tradition alive. I also love your book tradition - who doesn't love unwrapping presents?! :)
ReplyDeleteI love Gwyneth's photos (and it must be nice for mom to show up every now and then ;) ) Looks like some wonderful traditions!
ReplyDeleteI love how you guys cut down your tree and weren't wearing snowpants, boots, hats and gloves. Which is what our family wore when we cut down our tree. :)
ReplyDeleteLove your ornaments and tree so much! Can't wait until we can make a popcorn and cranberry assembly line. Although I imagine my little assemblers will take a high tax on the popcorn. :) That was so sweet of you to have the kids over for the craft day. I wish Blake could've stayed longer. Gwyneth's pictures are beautiful. Pretty sure she's already lapped my photography skills!
ReplyDelete