Wednesday, December 03, 2014

What I Love Most Today are Family Reunions!

Back in August when we were all at Tahoe, on a whim, we all decided to have Thanksgiving in Utah.  It turned into a full blown family reunion.  We are so grateful we were able to drive there and join in on the fun.  My job was to get a photographer to get a few great pictures of us.  My sweet friend, Andrea Busath, came on Thanksgiving Day and took a big family picture!  This is Kirk's parents with their grandchildren.  There are a few missing, but this is most of them.

Doreen is trying to coordinate the younger children.  They got into their positions...eventually.  :)


Amy is my niece and I loooove her so much.  She and her husband let us stay with them.  They're just great people; down to earth and raising a great family.  

My peeps, Kerri and Sean Foster.  Love, love, love them, forever.


These three girls are the in between generation of girl grandchildren.   They are cousins but also great friends with each other.  






These pictures break my heart.  These three love each other and they are so precious, I can't even stand it.  Just look at them.  I love the cousin relationship.  I hope they will be good friends their whole lives.  


Lily and Gwyneth.  Super good friends, and cousins.  I just know that if we lived in Utah they would be attached at the hip.  



This is my sweet friend, Andrea.  She's a senior at BYU and an amateur photographer.  I was one of her leaders at church when she was younger.  She came on Thanksgiving Day to take photos of us.  It was great to see her, I also happen to be great friends with her family.  They are great people.

We had Thanksgiving in the gym of Lyle and Carolyn's church building.  It was a hit and totally necessary since there were about 60 of us. 




My sister in law, Kerri put together this "homegrown" photo booth and it was so legit!

These are my favorites.


My sister in law, Doreen. did a great job organizing the day.  After we ate family members were invited to share talents.  Kaitlyn shared her black belt routine.  

Lily showed us her natural ability to dance.  




And mom gave us a big family history presentation in which she revealed some very interesting things to us.  She showed us through some ancestry program that Kirk and I are related.  We are 13th cousins!  Actually, she showed us that everyone one of her kids and their spouses are related very distantly.  Interesting.




Kraig is trying to get some cuddle time in with Summer.  Kraig lived with us for 13 years of our married life.  This means that our first 5 kids know Kraig really well, but Summer and Will don't remember him.  So he's trying to bond.  :)

The day after Thanksgiving we took Gwyneth to do baptisms for the first time!  She turned 12 the day we drove to Utah.  I think it's such a blessing she got to be there with her cousins.

Back at one of the houses, awesome Aunt Kerry had never ending sparklers for the kids to play with.

Last but not least we all went to Salt Lake, just the adults.  I love being at the Temple with the people I love most.  


We had a great time in Utah.  Thank you to all those who participated, and helped make this trip so great.  I love our family so much.  It was so much fun to just talk, visit and hang out.  I loved being with my sister in laws.  I appreciate them so much.  I love Kirk's family.  I'm so grateful to be able to call them my own.   Here's to family and the love, support and great times that we have with them.  There is nothing better.  It was a busy and short but sweet trip but, it was worth it!  What I Love Most Today are Family Reunions!  


4 comments:

  1. So jealous! We have such a small family in comparison to you guys! Being an only child and my husband is one of two does not lend to a sixty person Thanksgiving. Though in 2 years we will be a family of 8! Did I tell you we are adopting again. Oh, don't say anything on my site as we haven't told my Mother-in-law yet. She thinks we have a big enough family as it is ! We are going to wait and tell her when we get matched.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AGH! what a blessing to have a huge family!!!! 60 of you guys!!! love all these pictures - so fun and festive. so glad you had a lovely thanksgiving, shauna!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pictures came out so beautiful!! Such talent! We were so happy to host your wonderful family. It was so great to see you and everyone. Thank you for the kind words about me and my little family! Hopefully we won't have to wait so long to see you again. We love and miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this large family of yours! So many great memories of all our Klippel friends!

    ReplyDelete