Tuesday, January 06, 2015

One day and three trips...

I've taken so many pictures in the last two weeks, it has taken me three days to go through and edit some of these pictures.  These pictures capture just one day from our Christmas break and it was the best day ever!!!  We go to the city often and we always go during the holiday break.  So this time we wanted to go somewhere new.  We found this great park within Golden Gate Park called Koret Children's Quarters.  It's been there for years but it has been updated in the last ten and it was a huge hit.  Below is the beautiful building that houses the carousal.  It's a dollar to ride and they have a little pop up stand to the right, where you can buy pretzels and hot dogs.



The greatest hit were the cement slides.  They were soooo fun!   




We brought our own cardboard but as you can see down at the bottom of the slide there was tons left over.  So I think there is always some just laying around.

Will wants to be like Reecey...


My brother and sister in law along with their daughter always come for Christmas, which is such a blessing because they also happen to be some of our dearest friends.  We love them so much.

Cousins, sisters, best friends 4-ever...

By the time all of my daughters got done going through a little meadow they found, I had about ten of these "bouquets."  Precious girls.   

They kept telling Summer to turn around but I just said, "let her be, her bum is dirty from the slides and it will make for a more "dynamic" picture."  :):):)  



Instead of going home we took the Bay Bridge over to the Oakland Temple to see the lights.  Usually, we go before Christmas but this is the second year we've waited until after Christmas and it seems to be a better fit for us.  




 The kids love coming to the temple with all of its lights and glory.  And they are so cute to watch "walk" (run) around the grounds.  


When I came across these pictures my heart broke.  They are sooooo cute!!!  I love them.  The temple is so magical during this time.  




As we were driving home my brother in law stopped at Fentons and I thought one of the kids just needed to use the bathroom, but he is so sweet and wanted to treat us all for ice cream!  It was already about 7:45pm when we got there and the wait was 40 minutes.  It ended up being so fun and the kids were great too.  

Most likely because they have one side of the table completely covered in drawing paper for the kids.  They colored nonstop.  

This is half eaten...

You know kids are maturing when they order chocolate ice cream.  Shane is still little as you can see by his choice of ice cream...bubble gum.  :):)


This beauty was called the "Cookie Connection."


A simple brownie Sundae.  Simple compared to the others.  Gigantor on its own.  :):)


We had another amazing day in the city, followed by the temple and ending at Fenton's.  It was such a great day.  I love Christmas, the fun, the memories, the rush and the New Year.  It's the best time of year, for sure.  


3 comments:

  1. What a fun day! I can't wait till this summer! It has been so long since I have been to the Bay Area! I am going to see it with new eyes. Love it! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had so much fun that day. Makes me tired again looking at all the pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE everything!!!! the children's quarters look amazing! we hope to go up north this summer, and i def will bookmark this in case we do!

    ReplyDelete