When we find ourselves on a Saturday with nothing major going on, we often head over to our favorite park called Oak Meadow/Vasona. This Saturday was like many we've spent there, filled with laughter, running, tagging, swinging, biking, flag football, sliding, sand playing and the none other epic game of "Lava Monster on the play structures."
When I see this picture of Kalen above I feel like asking: "Kalen, where are you and where did you take my baby boy!" Wow, is he big now. You're looking at a 13 year old that is 5'7 and a quarter (I'm just over 5'8). His shoe size is an 11 1/2 and he weighs 110 pounds. This is the year he will grow taller than me. Amazing.
We're seeing another epic game of flag football that started out just one on one? I'm not sure how that works but they seem to be doing it.
Luckily they got a "pick up" game going with these cute boys.
Summer discovered the monkey bars and Kirk and I switched off taking turns holding her across about fifty times each. :)
To the park we invited our dear family friends the Macdonalds. This is Shane and Finn. So cute. They are good buddies.
This was so funny. They were hanging out on the grass and I said, "hey boys do something funny." They both started to pretend to laugh which actually got them laughing hysterically and in the end....
Finn lost his balance, fell on the ground and Shane is holding his pants. Kids. They're simply too much. And by that I mean the apple of our eyes, too cute, one of a kind and amazing.... :)
And last but not least is the Wilmy. Yep, just one of his many nicknames. I need that down for the record, in case anyone forgets. But, I doubt it because my kids still loooove for me to remind them of their wacky nicknames. Although, Georgia is still the "Bearn" so I guess they stick around for awhile...
He's a slider not a swinger, let's just get that straight right now. He wants that made very clear.
Speaking of the "apple of my eye," there he is right there. He means business. He isn't small at all for his early birth, in fact he's big. He's full of laughter and happiness. And he gets dragged around all the day long by his big sister Summer. We all love him so much. I can't believe that tomorrow he's going to be like Kalen; taller than me.
I love these days, there's nothing better than to watch our kids run free, with a smile fixed to their faces and the warm sun to brighten the day. I love this family.



Great photos! I feel the same way about my oldest! Where is my baby! Speaking of baby, what a doll! He is getting so big!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun day at the park! Love all these pictures, but especially the first one with the light coming from behind Kalen. So amazing! You need to teach me how to do that!
ReplyDeleteYour family is so beautiful! I can't believe how big they are getting, either! It's not right. ;)
ReplyDeleteI miss Vasona a lot!!! and the good weather. I can't believe Kalen wears a size 11 1/2!! wow!
ReplyDeleteI love your family too! You are lucky you have a slider, not a swinger. My boys are swingers and sometimes I deliberately find a park without them so they will actually run around a bit! (Bennett still can't get on and pump on his own). Glad you are enjoying some beautiful winter weather!
ReplyDeleteOhh look at that little boy's rosy cheeks! Love this. It's so fun to see families grow, even if your boy is almost taller than you :). My first tiny boy will be 1 next month and I'm all mushy about it already, but he gets more fun every day!
ReplyDelete