A couple of weeks before Georgia's birthday I was brainstorming, trying to come up with some birthday ideas when it hit me. My kids love to build forts, love it. So I planned to surprise Georgia with the best tent fort she's ever had. And it was super fun!!!!
We surprised her by building it the night before, setting up a movie inside it and having two of her home school friends come early in the morning to celebrate with her in the tent fort.
For her birthday this year she got a barbie, a Golden Book with three Disney stories in one...The Frog Princess, Brave and Tangled, a Lego set and a sweater.
Inside the fort...
The spread.
The birthday girl was beyond excited and surprised!!! I love that her birthday is on Valentine's Day. I think it's a great day to celebrate. We all love Georgia. Her brother, Reece wrote her a card on the left below and it says, "Dear Georgia, you are so loving and kind...," and he wrote that because it's true. We all feel that way about her. She's just a "happy go lucky" girl. She shines with happiness and she's a great girl. Here's to you Georgia!!! We love you!
G reat and goofy
E nthusiastic, xo
O ptimistic
R eally cute
G irly and giggly
I ntelligent and into games
A lways thinks of others
Goodnight tent fort, we love you. You're so cozy inside. We left you up all weekend. We played games inside, read inside, and had family home evening inside it tonight.
Happy Birthday to the big 7 year old!! We hope you have a great year Georgia...LOVE YOU!!! xoxoxoxoox



Happy Birthday lovely Georgia, and what a fab tent fort, simply awesome. Looks like a fantastic day, and a fantastic spread. Lucky little lady - much love to you all,
ReplyDeleteAxx
What a darling idea! I didn't realize that Roman and Georgia are only 2 days apart. I wanted to have him on Valentines Day since he was a scheduled induction, but the hospital was too full that day. We checked in on the 15th, but they were so busy and had no cardiologist that evening that we had to wait until the next morning when a doctor would be there since we weren't sure if he would be able to breath. He did breath, but still spent the next 10 days in the NICU because eating took too much energy for his little heart. He finally figured it out and we went home. Georgia is a gorgeous girl and I am glad she had such a Happy Birthday!
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh... best parents ever!! That fort is awesome! What a fun way to celebrate her birthday!
ReplyDeletesuch a great idea, shauna!!!! love how you celebrate your children. <3
ReplyDeletewhat a great idea! My kids would have loved that. happy birthday, Georgia!! I remember feeling so sad that we were moving just a few weeks before she would be born and that I wasn't going to get to hold her and know her like I did your first three.
ReplyDeleteYou're such a fun mom. :) what a great birthday with her brothers and sisters!
ReplyDeleteCoolest birthday ever! I'm slightly jealous....
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday to her!!! I LOVE the tent!!! :-)
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Georgia - I hope you had the best day, ever.
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun surprise! Happy Birthday, Georgia!
ReplyDeleteShauna! You cannot make Sweet Miss Summer up! I really needed that laugh today because those photos were just too too too much! The idea of a CTR ring sounds like such an appropriate one, especially since it sounds like it marks a milestone as well.
ReplyDeleteYou were the first one I thought of when I heard about the rain out West. I am so hoping it made a difference.
Xoxo