Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Winter?

Technically yes, it is winter.  But, in the last month I've spent some of the most beautiful days at the beach that I've ever experienced.  Basically the month of January has rivaled some of the most memorable summer days.  







Flag Football is in full effect.  A flag football set is the only thing Reece asked for from Santa, and Santa delivered.  He brings it wherever there might possibly be some open space and he says, "it doesn't have to be much."  Ha!  


The "huddle."






 Best Friends Forever...Georgia and Isabel. 


Friends at the beach. Chillin', talkin', laughin' and soakin' in the sun...nothin' better.  :)

Okay, okay, so we are for sure taking advantage of this glorious weather, but there is a down side.  Just for the record we are in a serious drought.  It's being decided right now in a "summit meeting" being held in Marin County, how they are going to ration our water and to what extent.  

During our Stake conference last week we were asked by our Stake President to dedicate our fast to more rain fall.  We sure do need it.  We will be fasting February 2nd.  

In the mean time, the weather has been amazing.  We love the beach and the memories we make when we come to visit, each time.  Happy winter and sending warm wishes to all those that are a lot colder than us Californians.... :)


6 comments:

  1. Amazing - I'm loving this weather and it looks like your family is as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos! Living in Georgia for 10 years, I would find it way too cold in Northern California to wear a swim suit at the beach, but I know nothing bothers children. I remember swimming in freezing Lake Tahoe in May and it didn't bother me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pictures are amazing! I can't wait to take my camera to the beach! Sad I missed all the fun beach outings, but hopefully Miles schedule will be a little more do-able by the time summer rolls around. The flag football set is awesome. What a great gift!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the golden rays shining through hair... just darling! It is nice to soak in this beautiful weather.. I do hope for rain soon as well.
    Looks like such a busy fun time with the kiddo's and moms. What a treasured community of friends you have!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shauna! This drought situation is just terrible - I will be praying for all of you and that the rain comes. I've heard from some other California friends that it really is Old Testament-style living conditions right now.

    Your "winter" photos are unimaginable to me. We have a 10 foot mountain of snow at the end of our driveway from all of the plowing. That being said, it looks like the children had a wonderful day! I think it is so great that Reece wanted a flag football set and that he totes it with him, ready for the opportunity to play. Pick-up games/sports with family and friends are some of my favorite childhood memories.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow I love your winters - looks warmer than our summers :) Gorgeous pics Shauna, I hope you get some of our wet weather, and we swap you for some sunshine :) Have a lovely lovely day sweets xx

    ReplyDelete