Wednesday, April 03, 2013

Back Tracking

The week before Easter my sister in law, Kerri and her daughter, Kaitlyn came for the week for spring break.  We had such a great time.  The highlight of the week was visiting the San Francisco Zoo and making a trip into the city afterward. 
 
Shane's studying the map, he was our tour guide... :)


 
1 spider, 2 spider, 3 spider...this is the cutest ever!!!
 
The mooses...
 
I have no words...but he cracks me up.  He told all the kids to get away from the wall and said, "you're not doing this correctly"...and then proceeded to do this.  Funny babe. 
 
The hippo was the favorite animal of the day.  It was doing all kinds of stuff to show off. 
 
 
She was watching the monkeys here and being a...monkey.
 
San Francisco Zoo is the zoo by the beach.  It's a couple of blocks away and so it gets the most beautiful foliage.  The animals are fun to see but the zoo also has such lovely gardens to enjoy as well.
 
 
Kalen and his best friend.
 
Mine too. :)
 
We left the zoo and grabbed a quick bite to eat.  We stopped at Coit Tower to see the new Bay Bridge lights.  For the next two years the Bay Bridge has been strung with thousands of programmed lights that will go on from dusk until 2:00am.  We had a great view from Coit Tower...and we LOVE the city!!!
 
 
 
The view from the tower...
 
And the view from below.
We had the BEST week!!!!  A few days after the trip to the zoo and city we took the kids to Sky High Trampoline Park.  Thursday night is family night where they offer a great deal.  We had so much fun.  My sister in law made a great video to prove it.  And I considered this my workout for the day, just saying...


15 comments:

  1. I just want to eat that baby up! His cheeks are so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHaaaaat - that trampoline video cracked me up - I want to go there, how much fun. And I love how the kids just fly around doing somersaults. Here we have the usual round ones, not a park with trampolines in. I Must go to SanFran- must go to SF- must go to SF:)
    Oh yeah - and don't even get me started on the beautiful kids (and you guys) at the zoo. Fantastic.
    And Shauna, thanks a mill for your sweet words. I too feel like I know you really well, even though we've never met. Perhaps one day we will,
    take care sweets,
    Love,
    Axx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Randomly found you through 'hislittlelady' and looks like you live in MI somewhere (judging by that trampoline video)? That's awesome! My husband and our best friends just went over there a few weekends ago, so much fun!
    Looks like you and your family have an awesome time together! Love all the joy in their eyes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scratch that, I think it's a different place:) Still very awesome!

      Delete
  4. I love the SF Zoo. We celebrated Emry's 1st birthday there so I definitely have fond memories of that place. I made a banana cake frosted with pink frosting in the shape of a catepillar (bundt cake cut in half and shaped like an 'S')

    And yeah, you finally got a video up like you wanted, your sil is so sweet to do it for you. That's awesome it looks like you guys had the whole place to yourselves.

    We went on Tue. I think and then yesterday Jeannette and I took the kids to open gym at a gymnastics studio for 2 hours. They had so much fun. Today we are going to the circus and tomorrow the beach. Fun times.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We love the San Fran zoo and have the same pictures in front of those spiders (and me as a peacock!). The lights on the Bay Bridge are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all these pictures Shauna. Your family looks so happy. I love the picture of your kids on the rock wall thing. How fun to have your sister visit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been reading about the lights on the bridge. it's so cool! great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVED Kirk's imitation of a deer in the headlights. Hilarious. And nothing warms my heart like seeing a mother pelting her children with dodge balls. You are my hero!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, I'm glad you thought that Kirk's picture was funny because I was dying when I saw him do this! And, yes!! Is anyone even watching the video because I dominated the dodge ball!!! I nailed my son's and my husband! Thank you, your words are kind. I'm glad to be hearing from you, just love you and yours. Take care,

      Shauna

      Delete
  9. Loved all the pics...and I'm falling for your youngest..Shauna!

    I think you are soooo lucky you stay in California. I have the softest spot for S.F.O ( or S.F?) I hope some day my family and I move there and then we can be friends outside the blog world too!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. SF just makes me happy and so does this post. You have the most beautiful children. Hope you are having a wonderful Sunday, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! Such a nice pictures! You have wonderful family! God bless you!
    Kisses, Gabi
    http://velvetavenue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. How fun! I miss San Fran. I don't think I ever went to the zoo though. I love the zoo though...wish we had one close. Someday.

    That jumping place looks fun! Your sis in law made a great video. So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness that looks like SO much fun. We have a couple of bounce houses here (inflatables) but nothing with trampolines...indeed a good work out.

    The zoo pictures are fantastic. I love taking my kids so that they can see animals more closely than they ever will outside of the zoo.

    Good to see you all had some much fun and high five to your sister-in-law for making that movie...it was fantastic.

    Have a great day Shauna!

    ReplyDelete