If you haven't read this book yourself, or to your children, do it now. It's the best book with a wonderful life lesson. My daughter Gwyneth read it a few years back. When I saw it laying on the our bookshelf I was curious, so I sat down and read it. It's a short novel. By the end I was in tears. I remember bringing Gwyneth over to me and asking, "do you understand this book?" We sat down and I explained to her, the sweet meaning of this book. Eleanor Estes is the author and she has written countless books that are just as profound.
So in honor of the hundred dresses I thought I would share my favorite dresses. I'm only featuring a small percentage of the dresses I own. My favorite thing to wear is a dress, hands down. If I could only wear one thing forever it would be a dress. I love them.
So in honor of the hundred dresses I thought I would share my favorite dresses. I'm only featuring a small percentage of the dresses I own. My favorite thing to wear is a dress, hands down. If I could only wear one thing forever it would be a dress. I love them.
This is my newest dress and it's a thrift find for $1.50!!!! I love it so much!! The sleeves don't have shoulder pads, but there is a small pad at the edge of the shoulder to make the sleeves puff. I love it. The belt was $.50.

I found this dress with the dress above, it was $2.00. I love the color and the sheen. And the puff sleeve at the edge of the shoulder is great.

Okay, this dress, I love, love, love. I think it's so cute with the rick rack ribbon all around it. The colors; burnt orange, mustard yellow ribbon...it's so prairie like. I adore it.


This dress, I'm not sure comes across well in the pictures but it's so pretty. It's long and flowy and the ruffles above are unique, I love it.

And voila! The last but not least, trust me there is plenty more where these came from; my closet. I love purple and the white polka dots on it are so sweet. I love the big ruffle at the bottom of the skirt.
There you have it. This is the nerdiest blog I've done yet. Modeling is hard. You feel like your looking so cute and then you see the pictures and think, huh?, interesting...hahahaha.
What I Love Most Today is "The Hundred Dresses," because I have about that many!!!!!!!

There you have it. This is the nerdiest blog I've done yet. Modeling is hard. You feel like your looking so cute and then you see the pictures and think, huh?, interesting...hahahaha.
What I Love Most Today is "The Hundred Dresses," because I have about that many!!!!!!!
Happy Valentine's Day to everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will post one more What I Love tomorrow so you can view our festivities. Because, I can say now What I Love Most tomorrow is PARTYING!!!!!
Can I say I love skirts! I am too big in the chest so dresses don't fit me. I need to go shopping with you! $2 wow!
ReplyDeleteLove all the dresses. I notice you have a thing for shades of purple...Fantastic choice.
ReplyDeleteI like the prices too ;)
Btw greatly clicked pics...who took them?
In case you didn't see my comment, my ten year old daughter took these pictures. I have to use what I have ya know? Happy Love Day,
DeleteShauna xox
cute post!! I loved that last one especially, b/c purple is my favorite color. also loved that last post about Reece. and hearing the updates. he is so cute! Happy Valentine's Day.
ReplyDeleteI've been meaning to ask this forever, where do you do your thrifting? Such a fun post!
ReplyDeleteI had my grandchildren read the book and then I took them to the play at BYU. It was a wonderful experience for them and me.
ReplyDeleteWhat I love about those dresses is they look sooooooooo comfortable.
I read the book too when we checked it out for Sam to read before he went to the play with my mom. I loved it to. It's so tender. And you are right, it teaches a really good life lesson.
ReplyDeleteYour dresses are so cute. I would never look so cute in them.
That post is so cute! I have to admit, All those pictures I took were pretty tiring but definitly worth it. love you!
ReplyDeleteGwyneth
Awesome, I am going to the library later today and I will either check out that book or put it on hold, I always love a good book recommendation, especially from you.
ReplyDeleteI love the 3rd dress so cute on you, but my favorite is the one you think doesn't show well in the pics, I love it, the ruffles the length the pattern, everything. You look fantastic, happy as ever. Nice flowers Shauna, you're too cute :)
I love a dress as well...mainly because it is so much easier to coordinate as opposed to selecting separates. You can look pulled together without any effort.
ReplyDeleteI am envious of your dress collection for sure but I must say my favorite it the 6th dress with the rick rack (those are just colors I love together).
You are a beautiful model and I hope that you truly have a wonderful Valentine's Day (well for you and your family).
P.S.
I am looking now to see if my library has this book...I am completely intrigued as I have finally found time to read again (it seems with kids around you are constantly interrupted).
I love dresses too!!! The new blue dress you got for 1.50 is adorable. Wishing it was mine :)
ReplyDeleteLOVE your vintage dresses! you look amazing! your newest find is so perfect for spring :)
ReplyDeleteYou are so CUTE!!!
ReplyDeleteYou are a GREAT model! You look so cute in all of them! I LOVED that book. Oh, I want to go read it again right now. :)
ReplyDelete