During Christmas break, Gwyneth put on a magic show for Family Home Evening with her best friend Lily and her brothers, sister and cousin Kaitlyn. I have to admit when she said she was going to do this, I pictured us sitting there watching them get silly do everything but magic. Buuuut, sometimes I forget that I have big kids that are AWESOME!!!
Gwyneth had it all planned out, with the younger children as volunteers and her assistants Lily and Reece. They were prepared, costumed and.....magical.
My sister in law, their Aunt Kerri got them a magic kit for Christmas. I'm always impressed with my kids when they actually put something like this to good use and have great fun with it.
Since they did magic for family home evening, I followed their show up with a spiritual lesson about how the atonement of Jesus Christ is like magic...I thought this was very appropriate.... :)

Since they did magic for family home evening, I followed their show up with a spiritual lesson about how the atonement of Jesus Christ is like magic...I thought this was very appropriate.... :)




You have amazing children. Thank you for all your sweet comments . I know if we were neighbors we would be BFF's.
ReplyDeleteThat's awesome that you tied it into the magic of Christ :) I love your kids and the way you parent, there's so much creative energy and love going on. My kids love magic as well, and science and putting on shows and being the center of attention :)
ReplyDeleteSo great that you were able to spend so much time with Kerri during the holidays, she is a gem for sure.
I absolutely love the concept of your blog! This year is all about what I love. Bring a smile to my face to think about what this year will embark surrounding myself with (and doing) the things I love.
ReplyDeletexoxo
Nike O.
www.eighthundredsqft.com
what a fun family home evening!
ReplyDeleteOf course you tied it to a lesson on Jesus...because you are that good (no magic needed).
ReplyDeleteHow awesome of your children to produce a show. One day they may be a traveling show :)
i love how they dressed up but had on no shoes! i don't wear shoes inside either, hehe. too cute! true story: i didn't speak until i was almost 3. my aunt came up with the idea to give me a microphone and tape recorder, and i started speaking immediately and had my family sit through many of my shows! ;)
ReplyDeleteSo so cute. I love that they dressed the part! And that you all patiently sat through the show. I'm guilty of not being so patient (surprise surprise!).
ReplyDeleteHope you are having a great weekend so far my friend!
This is adorable! Looks like they had a fantastic time :)
ReplyDeleteOh man... i just had 6 weeks of Klippel Krazies to catch up on!! i have NO IDEA how you have time to blog everything?? (the modeling dresses post i was ESPECIALLY impressed!you crack me up.i am SOOO unphotogenic, i would NEVER have the confidence to post pictures of me like that lol)i love it. Reading blogs of people with older kids gives me all sorts of ideas of what to do with mine in the future! you guys seem like you have it all together (or you fake it SUPER well).
ReplyDeleteyour family is adorable. i love them & i don't even know them!
thanks for all the kind words with all the baby craziness lately- you have no idea how many nice notes & fb messages and random emails & comments have helped me feel peace & comfort & HOPE!
you rock.
lindsey