A few days after Christmas we all went to the city (San Francisco) and while we were there we spent a couple of hours at Fort Point. This place is a real live fort built during the Civil War. We've taken the kids here before but they never tire of this place. It is the ultimate place for kids to play tag, hide and seek and explore. There is only one way in and it's also the way out...like I said, a real live fort.
I got some great pictures, enjoy!
I'm not sure you can ever have enough pictures of the most beautiful bridge in the world. Can you? I have so many, and I really like this one as of late.
After the fort we went to North Beach where one of our favorite restaurants is...The Stinking Rose. Why is it called this? Because every dish is layered with extra GARLIC!!! It's so good. To start they bring you whole cloves of garlic braised and roasted in butter with this great bread. The table also has a cilantro, garlic, parsley spread to put on anything you so desire. My sister in law and I shared the baby back ribs and they were the best we'd ever had. So goooood.
The Trans America Building and Coit Tower.
BONUS! When we were on top of the fort, my sister in law noticed these two. He took his sweetheart here to propose!!! So romantic and cold. That ring is straight from Tiffany's can you see the box?
It was another great time had in the city. I love it. I love visiting. San Francisco has such a great vibe. My dad use to take me to the city a lot. He would take me to art galleries, nice restaurants and the like. And every time we drove out of the city he would turn the radio to the Jazz station. I would always love hearing the Jazz and looking back to see the lights get farther and farther as the Jazz played in the background. Of course I tell my kids this and do the same for them. They also love the city. It's magical.










Looks like you have been having fun! I so needa trip to California. I am kind of regretting we turned down the job in Caifornia, but we couldn't have afforded a house. I miss the palm trees. I need to head south for a few days. Have a great week!
ReplyDeleteHow cool that you all caught the proposal (and yes a Tiffany's box to boot), what a special trip for them.
ReplyDeleteThe fort looks amazing and of course FILLED with places for kids to play. Being so close to the bridge is just amazing. San Francisco is on my bucket list of places that I want to visit...one day :)
I too love, love San Francisco. I miss California.
ReplyDeleteShauna! I am such a fan of ribs - this is probably one of the signs that we can be friends. What a lovely day trip. I have only been to SF once and that was when I was in high school on a mission trip. It was a phenomenal experience. And such a beautiful place.
ReplyDeleteYes, I am going to Israel from the 16th - 28th (but I'll be in NYC on the 15th/16th!). It is going to be quite the adventure. I'm getting excited but there are so many people I will miss terribly while I am gone (namely Marcus).
XOXOXOXO
Kat
OOOHHH Shauna - I'd love to go to SF - I have only ever been to America once (Chicago) and I'd adore going back. SF & NY are on my wish list. These images are great, and the ones with the couple is sweet.
ReplyDeleteHave a happy lovely weekend,
Axx
Wow, looks like an amazing day! I'd love to visit one day, I've never been to America in my life!
ReplyDeleteAww - San Francisco, owns my heart in a serious manner. The first time I went there it literally took my breath away!!! I'm soooooo happy your family enjoyed the bake. It's always so awesome when everyone will eat what you make. Score!! I hope you have a wonderful weekend, my friend!!
ReplyDeleteI didn't even notice the fort when we were in San Francisco! It looks like a cool place. I'm definitely a big fan of that city, if only it weren't so expensive :)
ReplyDeleteOh seeing a romantic proposal must have been so fun. You should have walked up with your 7 kids and said, "and soon you too can have a gaggle of kids!" Although probably not a good idea because the guy might have taken the ring back :)
ReplyDeleteIt looks COLD. I feel like this winter is the coldest I remember here in Southern Ca, it's freezing!
LOL@Marie;)
ReplyDeleteHi, new reader here. I have this HUGE love for S.F.O!!!
I think its the best city in the U.S.A--I sure hope I can meet up with you and bunch of other bloggers whenever I fly next to this city by the bay!
http://kickingkilos.blogspot.in/
Last night, we had salmon with an apricot glaze again. We all gave thanks to you for the recipe. Loved it.
ReplyDeletehttp://klippel.blogspot.com/2012/01/family-favorites.html
Love you
Kerri
I LOVE San Fran! I especially love the bridge and North Beach and all the amazing food. We have a Stinking Rose here, Ali and I went once. Got food poisoning so we never went back. :(
ReplyDeleteGorgeous pictures!