Wednesday, December 05, 2012

Snap, Whistle and Nail Clip...

 
The other night I walked into Georgia's room to have her say, "Mommy, do you know why I am doing so good in my life right now?"  "Why," I say.  "Because I can snap, whistle and nail clip now."  It's the sort of thing a mother walks away while holding her hand over her heart.  This is coming from a little girl who will be six in February but can't seem to recognize all of her letters.   And has a bit of a hard time recognizing the number ten.  But, she can snap, whistle and nail clip and that's what matters most, right?  I love her so much.  She's a vision of happiness.  Her younger brother is three and he knows all of his letters, the sounds, his shapes, and I'm teaching him to read.  Sometimes he points out letters and shapes before her.  Does she look at him and tell him to go away?  Nope, she looks at me and says, "Mommy, Shane is so good at this!"  And I just look at her and think, "you're so good at being lovely."  I love her to pieces.

PS.  I am linking to a blog that I love.  She didn't ask me to, I'm doing it because she was asked to take part in a contest by Photobucket and she's such a delightful candidate.  And, it's always great to help someone out!  I did this post in honor of her.  I think it's the sort of post she might do.  Her posts are so simple and yet they convey so much.  I'm always inspired by her blog, it just resonates with me.  So in honor of Kendra from Our Little Almanac, hopefully you will get some VOTES from my readers!!! Cheers and Good luck!

Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

  1. Oh Georgia, that girl is such an angel. I love when kids say those sweet things that adults could never think up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just clicked on an old post and I guess many of them don't exist anymore, just wanted to give you a heads up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't recognize or say the letter H until I was almost 7. She is a late bloomer! She sounds so sweet! Wow! Reading at 3! My kids are barely speaking at 3! My kids are late bloomers, but once they bloom they take off! Roman could barely say the ABC in August and now he is reading. I love hearing him read!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a precious post! She is such a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shauna, you are so sweet! And Georgia seems to be such a lovely girl! So selfless from what you described and loving towards others. You are blessed with some beautiful children, inside and out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you appreciate all of your kids, regardless of where their talents lie. Amazing. I agree with Kendra, you are sweet and your children are obviously just as sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a selfless girl to not be upset by her 3 yr old brother. What a beautiful little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh what an adorable little girl Georgia is :) I know the feeling walking away with hand on heart. So sweet Shauna.
    Ax

    ReplyDelete
  9. Georgia! What a sweetie!! What a kind heart she has....reminds me of YOU, Shauna!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What so tickled me about this is the feeling of perspective - I so remember how IMPORTANT I thought some things were when I was little and when I could accomplish Those Things, I was just on top of the world!

    Side-story, I got put in time-out in kindergarten because I was whistling in the bathroom! Mind you it was a single-stall in our classroom and I was probably in there for minutes on end whistling, but still! It cracks me up to remember that incident.

    ReplyDelete