Monday, October 22, 2012

Homemade Halloween

What am I going to do when my children grow up?  One afternoon they took it upon themselves to home make all of the Halloween decorations.  They invited their friends over to craft and decorate and voila the house was ready for Halloween.   Any Halloween decor that is not homemade I brought home from my mom's house after she passed.  Of course I love having them in the house, as they remind me of her...on with the show....



  
 
I made this witch plaque for my mom when I was younger....
 
I also made this "Boo" sign for her when I was a Brownie, in Girl Scouts.  She kept it all these years.  I found it when I was cleaning out her house.  The kids think it's sooooooo cute and even better that I made it.
 
We love Halloween.  My kids have come up with some cute costumes and I must admit I love mine too....Happy Halloween to come....
 
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

  1. Hey there - I adore these homemade Halloween decorations, so fun.
    Happy Tuesday,
    Axx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all your decorations! The children did a fantastic job of decorating too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh... how FUN! Your kids made the cutest decorations :) And I love that your mom kept that BOO sign, YOU did a good job on it! Can't wait to make Halloween crafts with my baby girl (when she's old enough, of course!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I need to action one of those cats for my own house! it kind of looks like it's about to get into a bit of mischief. I'm also extremely impressed by your Girl Scout craft and the fact that it has held together so well.

    Shauna, I so adore your comments on my blog - each of them just brings some light into my day (and that bit about the girl at your gym cracked me up!). I especially love when you comment on political things, because your commentary is always so thoughtful. I completely agree that if we could sit down, we would have a wonderful conversation.

    I am very much a Democrat because of social issues - I can honestly tell you that during this campaign season, I have not given very much thought to Mitt Romney's business acumen at all. Not because he isn't successful in his private life (he is very successful!). Rather, I feel that there is such a high cost to the social issues that are so important to me (abortion, marriage equality, national healthcare) that the economy simply isn't a factor. I know there are many people who would take a completely opposite stance and choose to focus on the economy and not at all on social issues - that's what makes the process of electing officials so fascinating - no two people choose a candidate for the same reasons.

    As for the debates, they were in sorority girl-talk: An absolute hot mess. They were fun from an entertainment standpoint, but from an educational standpoint, I was left very underwhelmed. I have never seen anything quite like it in my life, really. I certainly hope that we get something different in 2016.

    As always, x's and o's!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your kids are adorable! I love that your mom kept your homemade sign and that you can now display it, you must especially love having her things now. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My goodness...those kiddos of yours just continue to amaze me! Look how awesome their Halloween decorations are!! I love this time of year. I hope that you feel lots of comfort having your Mom's sweet things around...thinking about you ALWAYS! Lots of love!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your kids did an amazing job on everything!

    ReplyDelete