Sunday, January 22, 2012
You know you're a mom when.....
you go through shout like it's milk...
the Sharpy Pen on your dining table starts to add a little flare...
crock pot meals are a huge relief...
and the pot of soup on the stove next to it makes you feel ever so prepared...
this mess doesn't phase you because you've seen way worse...
it warms your heart to see your seven year old still wearing capes while calling out Harry Potter spells like, "Stupify!..."
you put your hair in a side braid yet again because it takes two minutes (and your hair was dirty too, soooo)....
an empty dishwasher makes you feel like you can conquer the world!...
you walk by this picture of your son's best friend that some silly kids placed above your mirror and it's been there for two weeks now. But you do have every intention of pulling it down every time you walk by it, but you just haven't quite found time for that yet...
you've swept for what seems the fiftieth time in an hour...
you're are so proud that your oldest son made this rope swing himself, drilled the holes and all. And it's now a favorite for the children....
you left another pile of laundry sitting because you got distracted...
you're happy to let your children explore their creative sides by building forts in the mud and rain...and because it keeps them out of your "hair" for a little while...
you fall in love with your husband again when you see him playing with his children knowing that he loves it...
it's a triumph to have gotten all of your shopping done for the week...
and it's organized...
and your kids actually eat it...
you don't discourage the "banky" that your son wants to take everywhere because after all, it gives him comfort and makes him happy...
you think about what makes you the happiest and it's your great family that you love being a part of!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Haha - fun post! :-)
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by. Take care,
DeleteShauna
I can relate to every single one of these things. I know all of us mothers can. Being a mother is the best job EVER!!
ReplyDeleteHey, so glad you commented! Isn't it funny how we as moms are living parallel lives! Take care, Shauna
ReplyDeletelove it!
ReplyDeleteHey Lisa! Thanks for commenting! Who are you? :) Take care,
DeleteShauna
That family picture is so beautiful Shauna!! You have 6 good looking kids =] Miss you guys!
ReplyDeleteThanks Andrea! It's almost time for you to leave on your mission! Hope you're doing well! Thanks for stopping by. Take care, Shauna
DeleteIsn't it funny how something that takes 1 second (like the picture) we will just put off because we don't want to deal with it, I've done it a million times.
ReplyDeleteAnd that is not a mess. Sunday night after I've cooked for everyone and the Robert's have been over playing for hours. Now that is a scary picture.
You're family picture is so lovely, I am part of it I hope. Love you.
Sweet Marie, of course you are. I'm sure my love for you is as any two sisters have for each other. I hope I can say this, you are wonderful and I cherish you. Love you.
ReplyDeleteThis post is SO true! Love the pictures too. Those little tasks that are so easy yet keep getting put off bug me the most (like the picture). When I finally do it, I think, why didn't I just do that a long time ago?!?! Because we are mothers and other things happen...they just do. Very fun post. Cute.
ReplyDeleteThat's why I thought this post would be fun! I knew you other moms would get a kick out of it! Love,
DeleteShauna
Thanks for your kind words! :-)
ReplyDeleteDarling post and so true! I love your beautiful family picture at the end, so precious! I love having an empty dishwasher too, it is such a bonus on a busy day. And dad's playing with kids...that melts my heart every time!!
ReplyDeleteSo...I'm due March 21st, we are going to name her Elle, I tell people when they ask but I haven't 'announced' it or anything. We tried for years to get pregnant with our 5 1/2 year old and quite a while with this one so we are extra excited!!
Laura! Thanks for filling me in! I see then that extra Congrats are in order!!! Very happy for you, it's wonderful to hear. I love the name. But I see what your saying, I guess when you see her there is the possibility of wanting something different for her name. Take care!
DeleteShauna
Thanks so much, you are sweet. :) Actually we are sold on the name, I guess I just don't want any negative opinions on it. ha ha. Hope you are having a great Monday!!
Deleteaw, this made my heart yearn more than usual to be a mom!
ReplyDeletemy fave was the "explore creativity" aka "out of mom's hair!" giggle-inducing.
Glad to make somebody giggle!
DeleteTrue that!
ReplyDeleteIt is so heart-warming to see the simplest things that give you comfort and joy, Shauna. When you were little, I remember you standing with at the fridge with the door open when I finished putting the groceries away. You said it made you feel like all would be okay. Now you have added empty dishwashers to the "all is well" good feeling.
ReplyDeleteOh so much fun, forts, bankys, capes, pictures in strange places, and so on. Loved this post and love you all. Mom
PS - Do you actually know all of the people who post comments?
Hi Mom,
ReplyDeleteNo I don't know some of them. I know Tiffiny, Becky, Marie, Foster but not the rest. Fun huh, the blog world is a huge community. Thanks for the comment. Love you so much, Shauna
Oh mom I also know Andrea. Laura is a friend of Marie Wallworks and I posted on her blog a few days ago.
Deleteso...just out of curiosity. what in the world do you do with all those carrots? that was like 5 huge bags!! do your kids eat carrot sticks 4 times a day every day? PS--loved the last hair appt. post. you both looked great. loved your hair color. I'm still not used to seeing you with dark hair. :)
ReplyDeleteJill you crack me up. We go through carrots here like candy. Yes, the children eat them all day for snacks. I put them in salad twice a day and I put them in soups, which I usually make at least once a week. My husband says he's right there with you, "why do we have so many carrots in this house?" They're not his favorite. Too bad, too sad, Kirk, the rest of us love them!
DeleteThanks for the compliment on my hair. I really enjoy dark these days. Love you so much, Shauna