It's been a great week here. Here are some things that bring just a "bit-o-happiness."
We are a big card and game boarding family. With the little children I play match/memory with them a lot because it's good for their brain development and it gives me some one on one time with them. That is unless the whole family joins in, which sometimes is the case. And you know it's time for a new memory game when half the cards are bent, and have food stains on the back, which help us all to cheat and what's the fun in that?
Santa got this match game for Georgia. Isn't it this most precious version you've ever seen? I love playing it with her, it's too cute. Just looking at the cards makes me happy.
Sewing Machine:
My dad's girlfriend got me this sewing machine awhile back from a flea market. I think she bought it for fourteen dollars. Long story short; it was broken and very coincidentally my dad came across an article about this man who is an expert on Singer machines. My dad took it over, the man fixed it and told my dad it was nicest Singer he's seen in twenty years. "It's a keeper," he said to my dad. It weighs about thirty pounds.
I plan to learn to sew. It has been a goal for years. Now I have a machine. For my first project I'd like to sew a faux fur jacket. I'm wondering what the learning curve is there?
Little Improvements:
This door knob was the existing to our pantry door. It was shiny, gold and dented. We rent here, but we also rent from my Father in Law and so we are happy to do some little "fixer-uppers."
Ahhhh, much nicer, cleaner and lovely all around. Amazing how a few little things can bring a little extra hop to your step.
Perfume:
I got two gift certificates to Sephoria for Christmas. I love that store but I have to know what I am going in for, if not I get too overwhelmed and am apt to just leave. But, a long time ago I saw this line of vintage perfumes. I was trying to decide on which one I wanted when my Sister in Law spotted these at the checkout!
It's a sampler of each individual sent for $18.00. Great, because then I had some left over money to purchase something else too. :)
Costco honey and Peanut Butter:
For years I have been buying their honey and peanut butter. The peanut butter comes in a two pack. And then about four months ago they stopped carrying both! What in the world?...........Why would they do that? I had to buy their only option for honey, which was terribly contained and got all over everywhere, just a mess. Finally they started carrying this honey and peanut butter.
My sister in law told me not to get rid of this bottle of honey even when it run out, so I can just transfer honey into it if they stop carrying it again. Good idea, because this bottle is way easier to use.
The peanut butter on top is a super good peanut butter from Trader Joes, I love it.
Flat Bread from Costco:
I don't usually buy packaged meals from Costco but I couldn't resist this. It's just a really clean food that happens to be wrapped.
The left is a flat bread with pumpkin and spices the right is a typical spinach. They are so good especially with....
Butternut squash and a Garlic Mint, Cilantro Pesto and Sweet Jalapeno sauce. Soooo good. I smashed the squash right on top.
Favorite Outfit:
I got this outfit for Christmas. It's comfortable, cute, and....
can be worn with these cute grey flats for a casual day with the kids or.....
with these super cute boots for a hot date with my husband. And here you have it, some fun things that have made my week happier!

Isn't it funny how changing such a simple thing like a door knob can make you so happy and you think "why have I waited so long to do this?".
ReplyDeleteThat blondy princess does look like Georgia, so cute.
Even cuter is you. You missed your calling as a model. I can't believe someone can pick out clothes for you. I am way too picky. Mainly about fit..........and style. Haha.
Great post! Good variety of happiness! Marley and I love to play games and memory is the first one we ever tried. We are in desperate need of a new set of cards, for the exact same reasons you needed new ones. Cheaters memorize the bends and food stains! Hilarious!
ReplyDeleteI love the memory cards! I used to love playing as a kid but am not such a fan as an adult for obvious reasons LOL
ReplyDeleteFirst off, how beautiful are you?
ReplyDeleteSecondly, love the names you gave your kids: Georgia? Gwyneth? Summer? Gorgeous names.
And finally, Memory. What a blast from the past! I love that game.
So glad to find your blog - you photos are fantastic!
I love so many things in these photos - your shirt, that princess matching game, vintage sewing machine and that squash looks amazing!
ReplyDelete