Today I took my oldest daughter, Gwyneth to get her first haircut/style. I get my hair down by Laura Damico in San Jose, she is the best stylist I've had yet. I'm always happy with her work on my hair and I knew she would do something cute for Gwyneth.
Here is Gwyneth before. Her hair has gotten too long and "scraggly." She has been dying to get her hair done, asking me everyday, "did you call Laura yet?"
Here we are before our hair is made over. My hair has also gotten drab, brassy and flat. I need a lift.
There she is, with that smile that's been on her face the whole day long! I'm sure she felt very grown up.
Speaking of grown up Laura asked Gwyneth if she liked Justin Bieber. Gwyneth said point blank, "no." Laura immediately turned to me and said, "she's the first young girl I've had in here who said they don't like Justin Bieber!"
There's always a first....she's nine, doesn't have television in her home and reads like a maniac of a person. I guess she could be reading books about Bieber but she's not. She's reading The Little House on the Prairie Series.
The best part of getting your hair done...the shampoo. Oh so nice, especially a hot shower of water running down your scalp on a cold day in California.
I love this hair. I love fishtail braids. I don't do them super well yet, but I'm practicing so I can do it to my hair and the girls' hair. Braids, so chic.
And on the subject of chic, Laura (hairstylist) is from Italy and is going there for six weeks during this summer. She mentioned that she would have to do some shopping to add to her wardrobe because Italian women don't dress like "we do."
"Like we do?" Like in pajama bottoms, sweats, oversized clothing in general? Yes, exactly what she meant. She said, "Italian women wear lots of dresses, skirts, they always look very feminine...I should have been Italian.
She cut about three inches off of Gwyneth's hair; much needed.
Smiling always today.
Curls for a wavy look.
Too cute, Gwyneth. I love it, and she loves it.
And I should have been Italian because I'd be happy wearing dresses and skirts all the days of my life. And I'm without a doubt that my daughters would agree too.

you both look great! your daughter reminds me a lot of myself at 9, reading all the time, except i never had a haircut until i was 15! i loved the Little House books.
ReplyDeleteThanks! Agreed, the Little House books are precious.
DeleteBeautiful girls. So fun to have a daughter to do all the girly stuff with. Gwyneth is such a delight, Lila always talks about her being "her best friend".
ReplyDeleteIf you think you don't like Justin just rent his movie 'Never say Never'. After watching it all 3 kids fell under his spell. Guess who else? Me!!!! I totally have Beiber Fever. I think you would actually appreciate his story. He loves, I mean LOVES music and is totally self-made. He would sing for hours on the streets in downtown Canada, and also taught himself to play different instruments. Pretty dang talented. He also loves God and is constantly praying. Enough about Justin, see I can't control the Beiber Fever.
You and Gwyneth are rockin' the locks. HI Gwyneth!!!
If it comes from you then I don't doubt, I won't be so down on him anymore. :) That is so cute that Lila always talks about her. Gwyneth too. She thinks Lila is so cute, she tells me that. Yes, the locks. Such a pretty hairstyle. I wish you were here to do my hair, specifically in that fishtail braid. I know you can do those. I need you! Why can't it be me next to you all the time instead of Brutus! Dang dog....totally kidding-any pet or person that loves you so much, well I have to love them too. :) Love, Love, Love you,
DeleteShauna
Thanks for stopping by and saying hi on my blog! Your family is too darling and your kids have the greatest names!! That is hilarious your SIL flew the shark out the open door. :) How fun to get your hair done with your daughter, you both look great, so nice to touch up the color and have clean and blunt ends! Hope you have an amazing weekend, yay!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for replying Laura! Thanks for compliment. Hope your weekend is great too. Take care, Shauna
DeleteYou guys look fab! Yes, you should have been a french speaking Italian.
ReplyDeleteHahahahaha, so funny Kerri! Yes, totally French and Italian. French speaking and Italian fashion-so funny. Have a good weekend.
DeleteSo beautiful, my girls!!! What fun to have a day of beauty with your daughter. You are so lucky, you have three beautiful girls to spend these days with. I always enjoyed spending those days with my beautiful girl, pedicures & shopping, lunching, etc.
ReplyDeleteYes Shauna, you should have been Italian!! The disagreements, (arguments) before school on those cold, windy days in Southern California. Always a dress or skirt,never wanted to wear tights or leggings underneath either. Aaaaaaarrrrrrrgh!! Ah, memories!
Gwyneth, I love, love, love your hair. BEAUTIFUL!
Love you all, Grandma Judy
Thanks mom. I remember not wanting to wear anything but dresses and skirts. I just love them.
DeleteVery cute hair, both of you! Love your girls' dresses, too! Skirts and dresses are wonderful!
ReplyDeleteThank you! We should all wear more skirts and dresses, it could be like a movement!!!
DeleteLove the haircut! You and your daughter have beautiful hair by the way. So envious.
ReplyDeleteAnd Little House on the Prairie? I read every single book and watched just about every single episode...I have a special place in my heart for Nelly. :)
Ameena, it makes me so happy to hear you've read all of those books! They are some true treasures in this world. I loved your comment back to me on your blog-you just have a great heart. take care,
DeleteShauna