Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Birthday Girl, Summer!!!!!!!!!!!


The birthday girl is a one year old!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Here at home I like to call her, "baby Tumsy Lishy Lu."  And every time I do her daddy perches an eyebrow, and shakes his head while walking away.  He says I'm too much.  I can't help that she's a "Lishy Lu Bug."  But, her real name is Summer Anne Klippel.  This is Tumsy's birthday tarte made with real love from her mother.


I've been wanting to make this tart for awhile now.  I saw it in the January 2012 issue of Martha Stewart's Living (the issue came in December).   Not only did it turn out beautifully, it was really good too.   I think it's perfect for Summer's birthday because she loves grapefruit and the tart looks "summery."

I also wanted to do a photo shoot with her, to mark her one year birthday.  I had an idea, a simple one that involved a pink balloon.  I was really pleased with what I captured.  I love these pictures so much.

The minute I sat her down next to her tart she grabbed an orange from it.


That's her favorite dolly.  She sleeps with it.




Precious.  What is it about these pictures of baby toes that's so irresistible?

I love this picture of her looking down.  It captures lines in her face that you don't see when she's looking at the camera.


She gets excited easily.  I am making all kinds of animal noises here.


This turned out well.  I love this picture below.  She loves her bottle.

Her eyes are big and brown, like one of those cows.

There are no words for this picture below.  I caught her at the absolute perfect moment.  She was crawling on the bed toward me really fast and I just happened to get this.  That's Summer.  Happy.

This was a few mornings ago after she woke up.  This is what she was saying....

"Mommy, did I miss my birthday?"   (Me) "No Tums, don't worry it's tomorrow."

Phew!!!

She started out a peanut just like the rest of them.   Actually, a real peanut.  She was significantly smaller than her other five brothers and sisters.  She weighed 6lbs 11oz.  None of the other babies were under 71/2 lbs.

Shes looking into my eyes and mine into hers.  I love her so much.  It's amazing how much love a mother has for all of her children.


This is "Bearny B." (also know as Georgia) with Summer.  She held her the most.  Poor Summer was man handled form the "get go."


I don't remember my other babies being able to climb like this.  Maybe my memory is a little foggy.  She's crying and I'm laughing.  I couldn't help it, she's always getting herself into these precarious situations.....


Like this one.  Six kids on the tire swing, one being a little baby.  She liked it for about two minutes.

We celebrated her birthday tonight.  Her actual birthday is January 18th, 2012.


I knew she would love that tart.  She eats mostly anything.  A few of her favorite things are grapefruit, avocado, vegetable soup, yogurt, bananas, peanut butter, and oatmeal with cinnamon and almond milk.  We had chicken curry for her birthday tonight and she ate it all up.

Kirk says she has a "fire" in her belly that we haven't seen in any of our other children.  I say, bring it on!  She is feisty for sure.  That's okay we'll help her put that "fire" to good use!  :)  We love her to pieces and she's a precious Lishy Lu.  WE LOVE YOU SUMMER!!!!!!!!!  HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

  1. Love this post! So precious. Great pictures and beautiful commentary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and I'll take one of those tarts please...looks so good and summery! I need some summer in my life right now. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Becky, I wish I could send you one of those tarts. Just out of curiosity I checked the weather in your area (I love the weather) and I see you are experiencing some "serious" weather. So I understand you feeling like you need a burst of SUN!!! Thinking of you-Shauna

      Delete
  3. Shauna, your kids are so adorable! I can tell you are a great mom!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog (I'm trying to be better at updating!). I love TJE, I've been buying a lot of the books on auctions, etc, even though a lot of them are free on kindle. There's just something about holding a book and turning the pages.

    Good on ya for homeschooling! I don't, but both of my sisters-in-law do, and I am so in awe of them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lydia! Thanks for stopping by. Thank you for the compliment. I tell my kids sometimes, "you're lucky to have a mom like me!" But, the fact is I know as well as they that I"m a work in progress for sure.:) I'll be stopping by-take care, Shauna

      Delete
  4. Happy Birthday Summer! Utterly adorable pictures. What a fun photo session for the birthday girl. Your tart is gorgeous. Between the tart and Summer's little summer dress I am thinking it is warm up north, yes? It is freezing down here. I had to pour water over my windshield this morning. Hard life I know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marie, it's absolutely freezing here too. I love that dress so much that she is wearing, my mom got it for her for xmas. I wanted her to wear it in the photo shoot, so I turned up the heater and took pictures! Marie that tart was the bomb. I had to add a few ing., because we both know MS isn't always perfect, but I knew where to compensate and it turned out so delicious. So light and the crust was divine. I'm glad you gave me a little explanation about cake flour and such. In the end I knew it would be best with the cake flour so I purchased some. I thought it was perfect for her birthday! Love, Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous10:04 AM

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY "SUMMERTIME", from Grandma Judy. I love you and you look MARVELOUS in your summer dress!! Oh, and that pink balloon, you be stylin girl!!

    Summer was a little peanut and she still is such a peanut. Thank you Shauna for these beautiful, adorable, sweet pictures. I don't know which is more fun though, the pictures or the commentary. Great fun, almost as much fun as being there.

    Beautiful Tart!! I don't really care much for grapefruit but it looks delicious and oh so pretty. I wish I could have been there.

    Love you SUMMER ANNE, and you too Shauna.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mom, we wish you were here too. Glad you like the post. Love, Shauna

      Delete
  7. OH! I would die for a tart right about now! ;) AND your little girl is BEAUTIFUL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for stopping by! And for the compliment!

    ReplyDelete