I have so many Christmas picture ideas my head could explode. I've resorted to writing my ideas down because at times, they take over. :) I am grateful for these great daughters of mine.
Shane got this batman zip up sweater last year for Christmas and now it finally fits him. He wears it all the time to dress up in or to keep him warm, since it's actually been really cold here this year, so far.
The other night we went to Palo Alto to visit the annual Creche Exhibit. We use to go every year but the last few years we have taken a break. They have this great play room in the back with manger scene dress ups and crafting. I hadn't noticed but someone dressed Will up as a Shepard and when I found him he looked at me just like that. He looked really happy to be adorned with this particular garb. Haha!
Will is in a constant state of sword fighting, battling, building and train playing with his brothers.
As soon as I wake up I turn on the tree and play Christmas Music. Last week Summer wanted to lay down with a blanket in the middle of the afternoon and listen to the music by the tree. She fell asleep and took a nap for the first time in two years. I wanted to join her. She looked so dreamy by the lit up tree.
We've had an abundance of left over ice cream from Thanksgiving and I keep walking into the kitchen to find certain kids "looking" at the ice cream. :)
I caught her in the kitchen stirring the oatmeal, she looks like a little pixie fairy.
Saturday morning I left early to go to the gym, do some shopping and other errands. I came home to a messy house, these kids playing "king of the hill" on their dad and the older boys were ripping out the downstairs bathroom. Yep, just days before Christmas we are remodeling our downstairs bath. If we stay on schedule, which we will, it should be done by this weekend. When I was taking a picture of this I was thinking about how grateful I am for my life. I'm grateful for the mess, the projects and the kids because they are growing up fast. And I know it will be an instant that I find myself in a different stage of life. I am enjoying what I have at this very moment because it's wonderful.
Isn't it wonderful! Merry Christmas!
ReplyDeletepoor Kirk's back!!!
ReplyDelete