Tuesday, December 01, 2015

What I Love Most is Getting Paid for my Photography!!!

I love taking pictures.  The funny thing is that my husband is the one who started out as the photographer, started our blog and the whole nine yards.  But, he got busier with work and wanted me to take over the blog, which I was hesitant and I had no desire to take pictures.  How can that be when I had so many kiddos?  I don't know.  Maybe at the time it felt like one more thing to do.  I was still in the midst of really growing our family, in the thick of pregnancy after pregnancy, but low and behold I have been bit by the craze of photography.  

These are a few of my favorite images shot in the last year.  (I can't post all of the clients I have shot in the last four weeks, due to Christmas cards and such.  But I am having a website built and some of the best ones will be posted there.) I am sneaking the one below in, however, because it's one of my favorites.

As time goes on I notice that I am editing my pictures differently.  I love the picture below, it may be one of my favorite family group shots, but I don't tend to go as heavy on the contrast and clarification these days.  

One of my favorite shots of a couple.  It's just real and candid.  

Some of our best friends have been using me for awhile as their photographer.  This is one of my favorite shots.  I love the shadow, the action the smiles, the sand, it's dear to me.

I love action shots, and with a little blur, the better.  I think it tells a better story behind the picture.  

Such a great shot.  She has five girls, this is her youngest. 

I love that his sister's face is slightly out of focus.  One of my favorite ways to shoot.

 This is my daughter Georgia.  I got the idea for this picture out of the Anthropology catalog, where I get a lot of ideas from.  She is great to photograph because she's really versatile with her look.

Here she is again.  This was the Elsa/Anna shoot I did- she's Elsa...at the end of the day.  :)  I love this picture, I think it looks like it could have been taken right off the streets of LA in the 1980's, just has a vibe about it.  

This look like my son William but it's a little boy I photographed, along with his family as a referral. 


This picture below breaks all the rules.  I misused the lens capacity and created a "fishbowl" effect with their faces, nonetheless, I love it. 


My daughter Summer below, I'm voting it as the best action picture of the year.  Award given by me.  :)


What's not to love about this picture?  Nothing. 

I love the shot below because it looks double exposed.  

This was such a great photo shoot.  I made the costumes, and look at them- they are spot on as Anna and Elsa, seriously.  This was an outtake but one of the cutest in the batch.

Summer, the other day at the Christmas Tree Farm.  It was legitimately cold for those ear muffs, I tell ya.  

So many different ranges of light to be had.  The rage right now, in my opinion, is the sun burst pictures.  But, one of my favorite times to shoot is just after the sun has gone down.  The glow is beautiful as you can see in her hair and her dress. And she's blurred just a tad, just the way I like my action shots.  

I love the city, it's near and dear to my heart and always will be.  I love that bridge.  So many memories.  The light in this picture proves that you only need a little bit to make a great shot.  I love photography.  I have a passion for it.  The other thing I love is creating sets and scenes.  But, I can't take those pictures!  I have to have my husband do it, which I am just grateful because he's also great with a camera.  More on that later.  What I love most is getting paid for my photography.  

I was a slacker this year and missed 5 days of blogging for the month of November.  But, I am going to keep it up.  Not everyday, but at least once a week.  I love Instagram but I don't feel it is the right media source to write such long posts.  The blog is so great for this type of long winded writing.  Ha!  

Happy Holidays....Love,

Shauna xo

4 comments:

  1. Besides your children being just plain out gorgeous they have fantastic big eyes for photoshooting. Right now I don't have enough free time to do it on a more professional level, but in a year I will create a website and open my doors. I did just get paid for a shoot for a family in my ward. I hardly use contrast either and clarity doesn't go very high either. Today, I would love to shoot someone as it is cloudy outside and a little misty. The contrast of the dark orange leaves and the dark green of the pines against the sky is creating such a moody look. I can't wait to see your website.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I wish you lived closer; these are amazing photos! I would love for you to take some for our next anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY I love these pics sweetest Shauna - so glad you are finally doing what you were born to do. Well done :)
    It's me Anya from anya adores - I have a new website, hope you come and say hi there too.

    Hugs Ax

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pics Shauna! Of course I just love the one of my kids :) And the last one of Gwenyth is especially great too!

    ReplyDelete