Monday, December 28, 2015

Disneyland Part 1....!

We decided back in the beginning of summer to take our kids to Disneyland for Christmas this year.  When we told them, they jumped for joy.  Kirk and I were jumping for joy too because we LOOOOVE Disneyland.  

But...I can't believe I'm sitting here writing this, with Disneyland done and gone and Christmas Day done and over.  We had such a great time and we exhausted our kids everyday.  By day 3 we went on just about everything except for anything in Toon Town.  We started our first day in my favorite place, Fantasy Land.  But first, I took some documentation of our car ride to Disney.  The kids have this book for years and they love to read it, filled with coveted information about "hidden Mickeys" and trivia about the park itself.

Gwyneth chose to sleep on her way there.  

Once we got there Will was obsessed with the park map.  I think because it was so colorful.  

A couple of days before we left I went to Savers, the thrift store, and I purchased a used Disney themed shirt for every single member of our family.  I got 9 shirts for about $20.  And they are so cute!  Look at the one Will is wearing, it looks so vintage! 

So cute, the employees at Disney are like angels, I'm telling you.  They were laying down tape to form some line and of course my kids forced their way in to help and the sweet Disney angel employees were happy to let the kids help.  


They were going sooooo fast.  ;)











In the book that Georgia is reading at the beginning of this post, it says that there is a hidden Mickey in his eye, sure enough, it was there!




Peter Pan!  He was hilarious, not grown up at all.  ;) ;);)  How he managed to get Will to make the same face and stick out his little tongue as well, I will never know.  :)




Our hotel room was two blocks away about 10 minutes walking distance.  Not bad at all.  It was cozy and big enough for our families.  We had such a great time the first day, I felt like it was a dream come true that I would wake up to go yet again!...To be continued...






2 comments:

  1. how fun!! Disneyland at Christmas is magical.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaah, I'm loving these pictures so much! What a fun trip! Can't wait to see more. :) Bryan and I got engaged while on a Disneyland trip with friends in college (he actually proposed at Corona Del Mar Beach). Anyway, when we went back to the park that night, I told him one of the conditions of us getting married was taking me to Disneyland at least every other year (I grew up going every spring as our one big family vacation). We've gone at least once a year since then, I think (it helps having a sister who works for Disney). But this may very well be our "off" year as Miles absolutely hates all rides and loses it simply standing in line for a ride. So I'm just going to live vicariously through your family's trip! Love your photography, as usual. ;)

    ReplyDelete