Both Kirk and I love General Conference and it is always a very special time in our home. Just like every year there were so many uplifting and inspired talks given by the leaders of our church.
Saturday morning session started out like the others, cinnamon rolls, fluffy scrambled eggs, fruit bacon and orange juice. The even more wonderful thing about this conference is that it fell on Easter weekend!
The messages that stood out to me the most in this conference were:
-Living the gospel isn't practical, it does not fit the mold of the world.
-If we are willing, if we desire, the Savior will provide a way.
-We must beware of "savoring" the things of men, which is to place worldly things before Heavenly Father.
-A sweet reminder to us as women to make sure we are grateful to our husbands for all they do as fathers, for all of the hard work they do inside and outside of our homes.
I love these pictures so much because they are real life in my home during conference.
What could be better than watching conference while eating Easter candy?
Part of our conference traditions is to go across the street to Grandma's house and watch the last session of Sunday conference. Because it was Easter she provided an egg hunt.
She also does conference Bingo with the kids and they LOVE it. :)
Who will get Bingo first...?
I love my family. I love this gospel. Tonight for Family Home Evening I did an object lesson all about our "Testimony Toolboxes." I told the children that the most important tool in our testimony toolboxes is the Holy Ghost, also known as the Holy Spirit. It is the most important tool because beyond our own intellect and our own intelligence, the Holy Ghost is another witness for us to choose the right, to testify of truths and to guide us in righteousness.
I love the picture below, it's completely candid and it speaks of love and happiness. All of which I believe we have because we try hard to follow the Savior and keep the commandments. I love General Conference and can't wait for the next one...already. :):)
Yes, so so busy here at our house as I am sure it is at yours. Sadly we were in Florida for conference, but we have been watching the talks one by one. Next year we are staying put. Yes, can't wait to meet you too! I have almost everything booked except my hotels for the bay area. Geez they are expensive. I am starting too look at outside the city now, so I should have that taken care of by tomorrow.
ReplyDelete