I miss my blog and I am currently making some changes with it, some updates and things like that. I have so many posts to write and so little time.
We recently went camping with our great friends. They have two kids that are the same ages as two of our kids. We all went to Portola Redwood State Park and had a blast. One of the first things the kids discovered were Banana Slugs. As you can see Summer was trying so hard to smile at the slug but she expressed more disgust than anything. Ha!
Finally, she warmed up to the slugs and by the end of it all she was "petting" them. :) See below....
The hammock was the hit and highlight of the camping trip. They played in it for hours...
Each of the kids wold take turns while Gwyneth did a "hammock" show for the kids in the audience.
My lovely friend, Christine and her son Silas.
We took hikes...
we saw really tall Redwood trees...
and we stopped to skip rocks.
Johannes and Silas.
Georgia found this caterpillar type of worm and William would not let go of it, I'm afraid it ended up paying the consequences for it... :(
Christine was so awesome to remember to bring games. The kids played headbands for about two hours.
We ended each night with Smore's, as there is no better way. We were also spoiled by Christine because she prepared a dutch oven meatball meal for our families the second evening. We all had so much fun. The weather was great, food was good, kids were kids and there is nothing better than camping with great friends.


Ohhhh one day I will visit your place and go camping with you (no banana slugs though - ha ha:) Looks so warm where you are, here the temperature hasn't gone above 15 degrees celsius yet - more like 13, so we are still on our winter coats some days - brrr :) Have a fab day sweet Shauna xxx
ReplyDeleteI remember when I saw my first banana slug.
ReplyDeleteI have never gone camping but now I can't wait to go someday with the kids! Your trip looked like a blast...love redwoods!!!
ReplyDeleteI want to camp you with and Christine some day! Looks like you guys had way too much fun. :)
ReplyDelete