Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Sisters

Around birthdays I try to get some updated individual pictures.  I've been wanting to photograph my daughters together for awhile now.  And since it was Summer's birthday in January and Georgia's in February this was a great time to do it.  

Georgia, Georgia...what can I say?  She's happy.  She's happy to be alive, happy to play, happy to do school and happy to be happy.  She's just that kind of soul and I love her for it.  I love this picture because as you can see she has her "CTR" ring on from church.  She received  it about a month and a half ago in her Sunday school class and hasn't taken it off since.  It's totally nasty and turning her finger green.  She says, "it's okay mom, it reminds me to "choose the right." (CTR)  She can leave it on forever.  :)


This picture below says it all.  I don't really need to explain that Gwyneth is Georgia's best friend and the light of her life.  Watching them during the day, everyday, is such a pleasure.  Where Gwyneth is, Georgia will be found.  But, the wonderful thing is that as Georgia has gotten older, Gwyneth is realizing what a great friend Georgia is to her.  She's so good to Georgia, it warms my heart.

And this picture says it all too...hahahahaha!!!!  Summer, Summer, Summer.  Oh, my precious baby girl.  This picture cracks me up, I'm so glad I captured it and I'll tell you why.   What seems like a long time ago, I had my first baby and he was a lot like Summer.  He wasn't the happiest.  He wasn't the easiest baby and he was rough around the edges.  I found myself apologizing for him all the time, to others, to myself, to anyone really.  I was young and self conscious of what others might think about his lack of "charm."  

But, bring me to the present day and there will be no apologizing.  Summer is who she is.  And she is amazing.  I"m so thankful for a learning curve, for experience and for time.  Now, as a mom, with a personality like hers coming full circle,  I relish in it.  Yep, she's hard, she's tough, she's stubborn and she's serious but she's Summer.  And she's my precious daughter.  So many things are more clear now than they were with my first son.  I'm so thankful for this insight.  I'm so thankful for her.  



Like I said, she's stubborn.  She will not be hugged and happy for this picture if it kills her.  

And she's going to prove it. :)

But, alas, on her own terms...she might just be happy...for a moment.  :)








Sisters






They call it the happy dance and they do it all of the time at home.  They have their differences in personality. but in many ways they are very similar, Gwyneth and Georgia.

All of these photos were taken at Oak Meadows park or some know it better as Vasona Park.  After I finished with the girls we met back up with the four boys.  Kalen and Reece played with Shane and Will while I took pictures.  

She's the happiest girl I know.  She makes me smile and warms my heart with her sweet spirit everyday.  Love you Bearny B.  Always,

xoxoxox


9 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos! made me smile! Have a great week! While I am not wanting Roman to grow up any faster! I am looking forward to the end of this year when he will be baptized. I am also looking forward to all the children being in the temple with us in April when we have Avery sealed to us! What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome pictures!! We did a little photo taking at Vasona as well. The lightning was perfect last Saturday. It took having miles to really understand Blake's personality. Because it's so true--I used to be the same way, apologizing and trying to "fix" Blake and thinking it was my fault he's so cautious about trying new things. Now I know, that's just the way he came! I actually did get that child whisperer book and really like it. Once you're aware of the dangers of "typing" your kids, I've found it helpful. I realize Blake's willing to try just about anything, but only at his own pace, once he's had time to become familiar and comfortable with it. Anyway, sorry to ramble, I just wanted to follow up on our visiting teaching conversation. :) love your blog and pictures. I used to feel so guilty about not paying for "professional" pictures. Now I realize how great it is because it's motivated me to figure out how to take my own photos of my kids! And I think we both agree that these kinds of photoshoots are way better than studio shots anyway. Much more personality. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how stubborn Summer is! All your girls are so beautiful! And Gwyneth's hair is so dark! When did it get so dark?! Thanks for blogging, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Shauna I think this might be my most favorite post ever, I had to run upstairs to comment right away:) I am so glad you have found a comfort & acceptance level of all your kids different personalities. You & Kirk do such a great job of working with both their strengths as well as their weakness'. You know Summer has a special place in my heart, I love her personality, you know I love feisty. Looking back I am sure others thought Emry was difficult but I didn't, I thought everything about that girl was perfect. She was a tornado and I thought other kids were boring. She was fat so I thought she was more huggable, she was into everything and curious so I thought she was a genius. I guess that's a parents job, to see the best in our kids. To think they're brilliant.

    I love your kids so much and am so looking forward to our kids spending more time together as they go through life. Just yesterday Emry was talking about her friend Georgia (from school) & Ethan said "We have a cousin named Georgia", then a second later he said "I know she's not my cousin......", but in his mind she's halfway there. So sweet.

    There is such a strong resemblance of Georgia to Gwyneth in that close up of Georgia with all the yellow behind her, I had to do a double take.

    I love you lots. All the kiddos too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet sisters! I love the CTR ring and Gwyneth if your mini-me! I would love to read a post about why your chose all your childrens' names. Can I put that request in? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great update. Love her little stubborn self pictures. They are all just too beautiful!
    xo TJ

    http://www.hislittlelady.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that Georgia still wears her CTR ring. We gave our class CTR rings and they have all lost them already, although I think being 4 gives them a good excuse :) I am a little jealous of your two daughters in the fact that they are best friends. My sister and I aren't that close and it was always something that I wanted. What a special bond!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dearest Shauna - Oh how I love their different personalities, and how you have captured them - beautiful pics. Summer is seriously so like Holly in terms of personality, and I'm totally agreeing with you about thinking you had to be 'explaining their tiny tantrums' :) Well not here anymore either - they're perfect they way they are, but definitely stubborn and strong-minded - will be great for them when they're older :-). Precious girls you have (actually they're all precious - all your boys and girls) Have a great day - love how warm it looks where you are. Much love Ax

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are absolutely darling!! They are all so beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete