Thursday, October 17, 2013

Gwyneth's Meeting...September 2013

My first thought this time meeting with Gwyneth is that she is growing up.   I admire Gwyneth so much.  She is so smart!!!!  She continues to be an avid reader.  When I say avid, I mean that she just read a 485 page book in twenty four hours.  And she remembers what she reads, she's a genius, there, I'm just going to say it.  She is.  And for the record she picked cheesecake for her treat.  She's never had anything but cheesecake during her meetings.  Which is fine with us, you don't have to force us to eat it. :)


In her recent meeting Gwyneth talked a lot about her best friend Lily.  Their plans to publish a book they have been co authoring together.  :)  She also told us that she has loved keeping up the Park Day News, which is a little news letter that she types up for all of the park day "goers" on Fridays.  She includes favorite books most recently read, jokes, and of course news.  
Like her other brothers and sisters she loves her baby brother William and talked all about how cute he is and how amazing he is for being a preemie.  :) 
 
Georgia still remains attached to Gwyneth's side and Gwyneth is mostly willing to let her sit right there.  I love to see these two girls together, loving each other, talking, playing.  It's precious.  Gwyneth, at almost eleven years old still plays dress up with her, has tea, paints, makes believe and does all sorts of other things with her. 

Sometimes I"m hesitant to brag too much about my kids but I'm doing it.   I am so impressed with Gwyneth.  She gets up in the morning, a lot of the times before I'm awake.  I find her at our kitchen island with a plate of scrambled eggs, toast and banana, while she is reading her scriptures.  She finishes up and gets right to her studies.  She is an example to me.  And she's still so young.  I can't imagine what she'll be like when she's older.   She is incredible.  She's well read, excels at her studies, swims like a champ, has a very high standard for modesty, tries her hardest to be thankful to those around her, she's funny and she's happy.  I have a beautiful daughter.  I am beyond blessed.  I pray that she will be protected and stay true to the faith.  She is a very special spirit. 


This is her General Conference Journal.  I love that she drew Carol M. Stephens on the right side.  Gwyneth is a gem.

Here is her interview:

1. What is the best thing about being you?
I have an awesome, loving, talented family!

2. What's great about being part of your family?
I have a great mom and dad, who love and respect each other.

3. Your favorite book?
Harry Potter, The Thirteenth Princess, and Into the Woods.

4. You in three words?
Smart, Creative, Independent

5. Favorite memory?
The first time I shared my testimony in church.  My mom was right there with me and I started out by saying, "Dear Heavenly Father," by accident and everyone laughed!!!

6. Favorite Quote?
Be true to the Faith.

7. Proudest Achievement?
My star test results and dropping 3 seconds off of my IM (individual medley relay on swim team). 

8. What's your favorite thing that your mom makes?
Cinnamon Rolls and her Egg bake. 

9.  What do you want to be when you grow up?
A mom.

10. What do you know for sure?
I am a daughter of God and He loves me.

11. What do you look forward to?
Turning 12 and going to Young Women's and doing Baptisms at the Temple.

12.  What do you believe in?
The Gospel of Jesus Christ.

13.  Your mom in one word?
Remarkable.

14. Your dad in one word?
Fun.

15. Favorite Saying?
Whatever is worth doing at all, is worth doing well.

16. Who is your best friend?
Lily VanTuyl.

17. What do you love about her?
She's funny and creative. 
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

  1. Gwyneth!!! you are so cute! I wish I lived closer so I could know you better. the park day news is a great idea! I love it so much. and what's an egg bake? Emily and her best friend also write short stories together and publish them on fan fiction. Emily wants to be an author when she grows up. Shauna--I think if our kids were switched and Trent and Kalen were the same age and Gwyneth and Emily were the same age, they would be twins!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so amazing!! No surprise, considering who her mother is. I am in love with these interviews. Such a wonderful idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is so lovely! How blessed you are with such a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a true beauty - Smart and Sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We love Gwyneth! Love the pic from Tahoe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, I am finally catching up on your lovely blog!!! Are you sure Gwyneth is only 10? Remarkable? 500 page books in 24 hours? I think she's like a dog, times her age by 7. She is a dear and such a righteous girl. Can't wait to see where the future takes her. Or rather where SHE takes the future.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Agree..talented and smart.
    I feel to have a friend like you...you are a great ma...and it is reflecting on your kids.
    Co authoring a book..already..wohoo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. SHAUNA.

    I feel like we have so very much to catch up on and I don't even know where to begin. First-off, it is raining here and basically freezing and that means we are officially at the part of the year where I wish that we were neighbors in your sunny state! Secondly, I remember when I read this post a few weeks ago and I think that what I have kept on coming back to (and I think I may have mentioned this before) is how much respect you show your children. Parents are always Parents. This is just how it is. But the fact that you are able to select such admirable qualities in your children and they're so character based just wows me. Lastly, a quote for Gwyneth from Theodore Roosevelt, that I think will go well with her favorite saying from question 15. It is my favorite.

    "Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your daughter is so beautiful. She gets her beauty from her mama! What a sweet sentiment she used to describe you. I must say I agree :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want my girls to grow up to be just like Gwyneth! They are outta luck though because their mom is not as awesome as Gwyneth's. Poor dears. ;-)

    ReplyDelete