Saturday, October 12, 2013

Reece's Meeting...September 2013.

Reece had his one on one meeting or night alone with Kirk and I just after Kalen but I am only now getting to do a post about it.  These two boys melt my heart.  Out of all of his brothers and sisters, I think it's pretty clear who Will looks like...Reece, for sure.  Look at these two!!  Same eyes, same nose, same hair.  Reece loves William so much. 
 


When we are one on one with Reece he's really happy to just snuggle up with us, eat his treat and relax.  We talked a lot with Reece and asked him many questions about what he loves, what makes him happy and whether there were any changes he would like to see in our household.  Right now in Reece's life sports makes him happy.  He is so athletic and high energy that he's a great match for just about anything he tries. Next week,  Reece will start swimming on the same year round swim team that his older brother swims for, Quicksilver.  He told us he would also like to be on a baseball team.  We told him one or the other.  :)  Another thing that Reece mentioned is that he loves scouts.  Only he and one other boy in his den have their wolf badges.  He is already doing requirements to become a bear and he's earning arrow points as a wolf. 

During his meeting he really wanted to play a game with us.  He picked Scattagories, one of our favorite family games.  He also invited his older brother and sister to play with us.  They were happy about that, since they got to come out of bed!  We had a great time, laughing, talking and being happy. 
 
I did a similar interview with Reece.  It is as follows:

1. What is the best thing about being you?
I'm good at sports.

2. What's great about part of your family?
I get to be with my brothers and sisters everyday because we do our studies at home. 

3. Your favorite books?
A to Z Mysteries. 

4. You in three words.
Good. At. Sports.  (I was cracking up at this one.)

5. Favorite Memory?
Playing flag football with the other boys from church and going to a basketball game.

6. Proudest Achievement?
Making MVP on my swim team and for taking first in the butterfly stroke out of 65 boys at championships. 

7. What is your favorite thing that your mom makes?
Thai lettuce wraps.

8. What do you want to be when you grow up?
A dentist.

9. What do you know for sure?
That Jesus Christ lives.

10. What do you believe in?
Being awesome... ::)

11. Your mom in one word?
helpful

12. Your dad in one word?
awesome

13.  Favorite saying?
"I love you."

14. Who is your best friend?
Jeff Stepan

15. What do you love about Jeff?
He's athletic like me.

16,  Who do you admire?
My older brother and sister.

 
Reecey is a great kid.  He's doing well with his studies and loves sports...could you tell?  
 
We love you Reece.  Thank you for being you and for loving your baby brother so much. 
 
Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

  1. Ok, you have to share your Thai lettuce wraps recipe! You are holding out on us! The two boys are so darling together! I bet you just want to eat Will up all day long! Look at that million dollar smile! Way to go Reese for making the elite swim team. That is impressive. I wish my kids loved to swim like I did! I am still working on Roman. Well, I better go get dressed for church. Have a great day! Kelleyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a free ticket and since baby girl will be coming home in a couple of months the chances of me getting away for a while will be slim. I am going up with another sister from my ward and friend on Tuesday and will come home Wednesday night. The hotels are so expensive we could only stay one night, but we are going to make the best of our less than 48 hours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww I love his answer to whats great about his family. It shows you must doing that homeschool thing right :) I love the picture of the two boys. You are so right. They look so much alike- they both are so handsome. I was just thinking, if we ever do get to meet, you can make some of your thai lettuce wraps ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love reading about these meetings with your kiddos! I'm sure they adore the one on one time with mom and dad. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Their eeeeeeeeyes! So perfect!
    I love these meetings! I definitely plan on doing this with Mia (and the rest of my future kids) when she is old enough!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sweet boy. These meetings are so special and I love that you are documenting what they are thinking right now. It's going to be so great and look back on all of this goodness. Thai Lettuce Wraps, yum.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ditto to wanting the Thai wraps recipe! Love these interviews so much. Definitely want to do that. These boys do look alike! All your kids are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I couldn't stop thinking about the Thai Lettuce wraps so that's what we had for dinner. MMMMMmmmm So good. Thanks for the idea. Kaitlyn loved it. So did we. I love the pics. Will is getting so big. Reece is loosing his round face :( He's such a handsome boy! Miss you guys

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fav saying --I love you just too cute.
    They look so cute. And as I have told you initially I am in ♡ with your youngest.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a beautiful post and such a lovely young woman. You teach your children some fantastic things Shauna. Much love Axx

    ReplyDelete