Wednesday, September 04, 2013

Together Again!

My best friend Marie was here in July with her family, for a week long visit.  Little did she know that Thira and I had been planning for months to surprise her for her 40th birthday by driving down to her house.  I left my home Friday morning at 4:45am to pick up Thira and off we went.  Marie lives in Temecula, CA.  So from where we live, it's a seven hour drive.  We were there by 12:15pm and she was totally surprised.  I wish I had been able to get pictures of the whole surprise because she was completely stunned!  We made ourselves right at home and insisted that she open her gifts right away.


One might think that our weekend together was filled with adventure, mystery, and major indulgences.  But, why would we want to do that when we could play "pet shops" and "Polly pockets" with Marie's daughters Emry and Lila?  :)  Truly the weekend was wonderful, filled with low key, memorable moments like this.  Our best friend Thira also happens to be Marie's sister in law.  She's in the middle of the two girls and I think she's having the most fun here since she has four boys.
 
 
We of course played lots of games.  But since the games these friends like to play are for the genius minded, I mostly listened and admired.  Yes, my friends are geniuses.  That's why I hang out with them.  :)
 
 
Now we're getting on to something I'm good at...crafting.  Specifically, making head bands.  Marie's dear parents, Lona and Bob, came with Steak and Lobster for Sunday dinner for a birthday celebration.  Marie's niece, Kylee brought all of her "head band" crafts.
 
 
What up Glenn?
 
Just the two of us. Oh and "Bru-dog" or Brutus.  He goes everywhere she goes.  She says he's the perfect child.  He doesn't ask for much just food and water and a place to sleep.  Ha!


 
Here is Brutus in all his splendid glory.  Marie loves this dog to no end.
 
Emry, Marie's oldest daughter is going to be thirteen...can you tell?  She's a great girl and loves the camera.
 
 
Sweet Lona.  Marie's mom is awesome!!!!  I love her.
 
Jeannette, Marie's sister.  She's a doll of a woman.  I always love seeing her and getting to know her better each time I visit.
 
If there is a bowl of watermelon, you can find Marie right next to it.  It's her favorite.
 
Solving the worlds problems around the island.
 
Listening to the problems being solved... :)
 
 
Love.
 
A fantastic picture of Thira and Jeannette.
 
We had such a great time.  It was relaxing and filled with lots of love.  It was so wonderful just being together as women.  I keep thinking that these are the people that I'm going to go through life with.  This is my support.  I love them beyond measure.  And they love me for who I am and inspire me to be better.  We will always be there for each other, always.

Happy Birthday to my dearest friend, Marie.  May life continue to bless you and your lovely family.  You have my heart.  Love you forever.  xoxoxoxxooxo

Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

  1. What a fun trip! So fun that you guys could do that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello lovely Shauna, What a beautiful post and trip. Your friend is blessed to have such amazing lovely friends like you two ;-) And how gorgeous are you all ;-)
    - happy happy belated Birthday to your lovely friend Marie.
    Much love Axx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet, sweet post, of course I love it, the whole everything of it!!!! Such a perfect weekend, Now come here to stay!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had an absolutely amazing trip - surprises are the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun! What a great surprise. Maries house always looks so happy and full of love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. that's so fun! you guys both look so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great friend you are! I did this to my best friend for her 40th with our other good friend. I wish my BFF lived as close as yours. I have to go on a plane to see her! I am hoping she can come to CHina with me to pick up my baby since my husband can only stay for one week of the two. Fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shauna, in one way this is heartbreaking because we were in the same city and didn't know it. And at the same time, it is wonderful because now we can finally say that we have been in the same place at the same time! What a special weekend. The Pet Shops and Polly Pocket Activity looks like it was especially festive - I loved those things as a pup!

    I absolutely loved the snap of you and the ladies and the girls around the counter - I so remember hours spent with my mother's dearest friends when I was little and I so cherish the conversations that they let me be a part of. I felt so grown up and it was honestly (retrospectively) So Important to see how adult women respect and treat one another as friends.

    XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this post...so nice that you are so close, despite your distance in miles! I hope my best friend and I can keep up our friendship just as well.

    You are both stunning by the way. Great pictures.

    ReplyDelete